Loosing gold each game

Quidman

Question

I may have miss something somewhere, but it seems that each game I lose about 120gold for each game

I Play legendary with 4 hero who have reach the level 3 campaing, and i'm farming the Basic one for gold.

I also have 12 non attribued card.

Edited by Quidman

11 answers to this question

I have noticed similar thing - "lost" gold - a while back. I even recorded precise amounts of gold for each bane defeated (as defeating banes also does not reward the player in RotR as it should be) and wrote them in this forum. And I found out that there is a discrepancy between stated (and shown) gold coins and the amount awarded by the server or something. It shows you "50+50×characters" gold earned, but the server says: no, no - it is "70+30×characters" (or something like that). And the next time the game checks the server for the actual amount of your gold coins and you are seemingly losing gold.

Both this and the no-gold-for-defeating-banes bug are very serious bugs, but so far I did not see any developer's response. Let's hope they are aware of the bug and working on its correction (along with many reported Goblins!bugs).

It shows you "50+50×characters" gold earned, but the server says: no, no - it is "70+30×characters" (or something like that). And the next time the game checks the server for the actual amount of your gold coins and you are seemingly losing gold.

If my memory isn't playing tricks on me, I have a feeling that 70 + 30 x characters used to be the reward for completion on Legendary and that it was later changed to 50 + 50 x characters. Maybe the reward has somehow reverted to the old value while the new description remains?

Having the same problem. I'm loosing 100 gold per game right now. Exactly.

I finished quest 1.1 on legendary with 6 group members. After completing the quest, the reward screen said +350 gold and the new total as written was 4258 gold. I sold one card for 1 gold so my new total should have been 4259.

When I checked the Settings for my total gold, it was 4159.

It's pretty consistent and I'm loosing exactly 100 gold per game. It's been like this for 3-4 days now which brings me to my next question - is anyone at the Q/A or dev team reading these tech support forums? I listed 14 bugs on my other thread "Gameplay bugs on Android" and I have yet to get a response from anyone about them. All I've seen so far are other players patting each other on the back, saying "There, there. Hang on and hope."

I noticed this bug just after the second "goblin" update (the last update). I believe that there are two main possibilities - either they tried to solve another bug and incidentally reverted the server-side logic to its previous version (i.e. 70+30*n gold, which checks exactly with your 6-hero group), or they reverted it intentionally and "just" forgotten to update the graphic representation AND the in-game texts that are "binding" to us...

Whatever happened, it seems to me a reaaaaally counter-productive situation to have two systems (one graphical and one server-side) that can have different versions at all. If the function was just "input: add X gold > query the server > output: show the actual amount of gold awarded", it would be much better. Right now, the client queries the server the same way and displays the gold coins gained only when it establishes connection to the server.

• Like 1

I noticed this bug just after the second "goblin" update (the last update). I believe that there are two main possibilities - either they tried to solve another bug and incidentally reverted the server-side logic to its previous version (i.e. 70+30*n gold, which checks exactly with your 6-hero group), or they reverted it intentionally and "just" forgotten to update the graphic representation AND the in-game texts that are "binding" to us...

You're probably spot-on.  The app is unaware how much gold different things are worth and relies on the server to let it know what payouts to expect.

For legendary completions, the server is telling the app to expect 50+50x gold, while the actual behind-the-scenes calculation is 70+30x.

Since the game has been running at 70+30x for a long time now, it is more than likely a glitch that it is being told to expect the 50+50x payout.

Maybe, but just before the golbin update, I was regularly using 3-hero party to 'farm' gold (the incentive in doing so is weaker now that i have every character and its alt - not goblins). And the count was almost precisely 250 gold - 200 for scenario completion and ca. 50 for defeating banes, closing locations and banishing cards. With Rune of Wealth, that translated into 1 chest per scenario.

Nowadays, banes yield nothing and the gold awarded does not show correctly and its amount is smaller. ;)

So, I would not say that the 70+30*n reward is here long, quite the opposite :-)

• Like 1

Maybe, but just before the golbin update, I was regularly using 3-hero party to 'farm' gold (the incentive in doing so is weaker now that i have every character and its alt - not goblins). And the count was almost precisely 250 gold - 200 for scenario completion and ca. 50 for defeating banes, closing locations and banishing cards. With Rune of Wealth, that translated into 1 chest per scenario.

Nowadays, banes yield nothing and the gold awarded does not show correctly and its amount is smaller. ;)

So, I would not say that the 70+30*n reward is here long, quite the opposite :-)

Ah.  You're right.  I think the 70/30 gold shift may have coincided with the PC release.  So, it's probably been behaving this way for about two months.

I keep noticing a discrepancy in gold total between the banishing for gold phase and afterwards. This mostly happens when I have also received gold for completing a daily. However, after finishing another adventure, the total seems to be what it should. Also on a few occasions I haven't received money for finishing a scenario but I attributed that to bad luck and losing connection to server.
I will take a note and screenshots for next time to be certain.

Edited by Azarel

I keep noticing a discrepancy in gold total between the banishing for gold phase and afterwards. This mostly happens when I have also received gold for completing a daily. However, after finishing another adventure, the total seems to be what it should. Also on a few occasions I haven't received money for finishing a scenario but I attributed that to bad luck and losing connection to server.

I will take a note and screenshots for next time to be certain.

I have a rather slow (i.e. very slow) connection at home, so sometimes the reward for scenario completion is shown as 0 added to 0 (server / client interaction is taking too long for the app to wait, I suppose). But I have always noticed that afterwards, once the connection is "established" again, the gold amounts match precisely.

So, you do not see the reward added to your gold heap, but it is being added anyway.

Ah.  You're right.  I think the 70/30 gold shift may have coincided with the PC release.  So, it's probably been behaving this way for about two months.

You may be right, I noticed this only after the addition of goblin adventure and its second update, but it may have happened a bit earlier, but not earlier than the PC release. The only people who will know it precisely (let's hope so) are the developers ;)