Feature request: COMBAT LOG AUDIT TRAIL

With a game as complex as Pillars, it desperately needs this feature for both developers and players.  PoE1 still has abundant bugs in calculations that will likely never be addressed.  A hyperlink based system (ala Temple of Elemental Evil, a good example of this approach) could dramatically improve consistent application of game mechanics.  It is a letdown to see rules not being applied as described in the text, and having an audit trail would simplify problem finding dramatically, as well as answer the multitude of questions from players on how certain rolls get calculated.

The log in the first game was ok, but lacked full depth of calculations.

Developers, please respond with your thoughts.

Cheers,

Joe

You mean like outputting the combat log and details into a text file? Seems reasonable. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding a bit.

No, I mean the roll output in the combat log (Accuracy or Damage, for example) is hyperlinked.  Click on it, and a table pops up with how the roll was calculated, including all modifiers.  More detailed than a tooltip.  It was great in ToEE, and it sure would be welcome in the Pillars system.

• Like 5

Anything that takes after TOEE combat wise would be a step forward, yes. It would be a nice feature to have.

• Like 3

Guest Blutwurstritter

Well, they simply should keep the descriptions accurate ... It is a shame that google and forums offer more information on game mechanics than the actual game manuals or in game tool tips. I never understood why most games are not able to convey their mechanics in a sensible way. I support the request for this feature.

Well, they simply should keep the descriptions accurate ... It is a shame that google and forums offer more information on game mechanics than the actual game manuals or in game tool tips. I never understood why most games are not able to convey their mechanics in a sensible way. I support the request for this feature.

It looks as if Pathfinder: Kingmaker is doing exactly what I am asking here.  Hopefully PoE2 does the same.

Not only are the descriptions unclear or inaccurate, the rules aren't even consistent. I could probably give you 10 wizard spells with durations unaffected by Intellect, given that I've seen about 5 and only have level 4 spells so far.

Edited by PugPug