just came for some advice. I failed another Triple Crown(I have done it twice). Thing is I make it a little harder. Like its my own type of party ultimate. I try and take on all content with the level it was meant for (except ACT 3 cause of the WM). My level 11 party got ganked by that room in lvl 11 or 12 of the Endless Paths. The room with 3 Caen Gwlas and the Adragons. I was running the same party I did my Frozen Crown with....2 tanks (fighter, Paladin) and Mass debuff/damage back line. Druid, Battle Mage Aloth, GM and Durance....the weakness of it is that most of your party even with defensive talents like W and S style is soft.

I thought I had the door blocked by forgot about teleporting Caen Gwlas. Got caught in 3 mass paralyzes and it was down hill my friends and could not fire off returning storm because I got stom stunned myself with the Adragons... Any advice? that soft back line is risky but won me a Frozen Crown before...I think I relied too much on Hiravious and his Storm...Should I have gone more even with 1 damage dealer like a Monk or Barb as a frontliner. They are hardier then those soft back liners.

PS

Do some of you always play PotD? I have been for years now maybe its diminishing my fun a bit getting burned out on the fails. I just love this game and love rogue likes (I know its not a rogue like).

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

No chanter?

If you just want an easy way thru the game take a chanter.

If you want to make it even easier use the 2nd wind invocation exploit.

It's not enough that the chanter gets Dragon chant at level 9 he also gets Seven Nights at 10.

5x Seven Nights with 30 MI does like 500 damage and oneshots anything but a dragon (If the dragon is injured while you get your phrases than it ptobably oneshots those too.

If you don't want to use the exploit the chanter is still insane.

Dragon chant on its own is so deadly and even one cast of Seven Nights hurts quite a bit.

for the experience I do have I am not a good chanter player. When I make they seem lack luster. They are obviously not. Should look into it.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

It just seems that there accuracy would SUCK wearing a large shield. I always forget but spell accuracy is affected by shields correct? Lastly, I find their HP to be atrocious in the early game even with good CON.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

I never use large shields on chanters, only small.

My stat distribution for solo is maxed MI, PE and IN, 10 CO, 8 RE (because of interrupt) dumped DE.

If you don't solo or don't want to use the invocation exploit you can dump RE and put 5 more points in CO.

Their HP is low early, but you can either keep them in the backline or just use the invocation exploit which makes high hp unnecessary because you will oneshot most enemies even with the low level invocations like the lightning one.

There are some ways how to "deal with" large shields:

1.: Put more points into PER and lower RES. Extreme example: put PER to 18+ and RES to 4-. That way you will still have normal accuracy - like with a small shield with 10 PER - and your deflection will be the same as with 12 RES and a small shield. This in itself isn't an advantage, it's just shifting some points. BUT - you will also get a higher reflex bonus (+16 instead of + 8 ) than with a small shield (plus weapon & shield style). Basically you trade concentration for reflex. Since a chanter who's focused on chanting doesn't need concentration that's a good thing.

2.: Switch weapon sets. One setup with a small shield, the other with a large shield. Switch to the large shield when you're under heavy fire and back to the small shield when it's save.

You can add a third weapon set to this: a single one handed weapon. When you use Dragon Thrashed and don't get attacked you can switch to the single weapon and get +12 ACC for that phrase. Since chanting doesn't get influenced by weapon switching and its recovery you can switch all the time and won't experience any drawbacks when it comes to your chanting. Same goes for your defensive values. They will change immediately after switching. If you take an Island Aumaua (Kana) you will already have three weapon sets and can do this right from the beginning: start the fight with the single weapon, once you get attacked switch to small shield, if you feel you get punished too hard switch to large shield.

You can combine 1. and 2.
The +12 ACC bonus from single weapon usage and the maxed PER work very well together. and will get you more crits while you are not threatened.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I did my run with a Chanter.  He started with guns and axe/shields, and moved more and more to guns as the game went on.  There are three things to remember about TCS: metagame, metagame, metagame.  If you have too much integrity to cheese the saves, then do a side-by-side run with another character with the same build that is not permadeath.  At that level of self-imposed difficulty, the game is cheap so you have to be cheap too.

My chanter run boiled down to this strategy for most non-bosses: get the gun attack to start; run like hell; use muncra alet to charm enemies into tanking each other make up any gaps with figurines; use DoT chants like soft come the winds of death and then dragon slashed for most of the damage; corpse explosion is a great clean up.  Lore is essential for solo runs, prayer against scrolls can prevent a lot of hardship.

• Like 1

@Torm51

You got a lot of advice on adding a chanter to the party. They can be quite effective, but not so much when paralysed, petrified or stunned.

My first playthrough of PoE was on normal, and thereafter everything on PotD with a couple of solo runs (not TCS though as I like targeting circles). When playing as a party, my MC tends to have high lore for the conversation options, but also so that I can use all of the scrolls of prayer against xxx. Unfortunately, the wiki is a little incomplete on the scroll info, so I can't exactly tell you which scrolls to use.

However, the idea would be to start off by getting everyone protected against paralysis and/or petrify (these may be two different scrolls), and then protect against fear (priest or scroll). Thereafter, the fight will be much easier.

Another alternative would be to disable the Adragans with something like an Overwhelming Wave (can be cast out of combat) and then hit them with a Calling the Earth's Maw before the stun wears off to try and keep them perma-stunned or perma-proned. However, these can be tricky without targeting circles and if you are terrified from the Caen Glaws, then landing these spells is even more tricky. So protection against fear is highly recommended again.

The above options are aimed at a) neutralising the worst effects the enemies have or b) neutralising the specific enemies that are most dangerous. You can plan most encounters that way and if you carry sufficient scrolls in your quick-slot amongst your party, it takes something really unforeseen and extremely unlucky to cause the whole party to die.

Ultimate.jpg

I got to the 3 Adragan, several spirits and a couple Adra Animats fight in the Endless Paths Elemental level today with my 6 chanters all level 9 and chanting Dragon slashed.

It was a slaughter over in several seconds and quite comicalm since I don't even bother auto attacking anymore I just let the chant do it's work.

Only weakness right now are the above mentioned charms, but only because I didn't level my lore enough for the level 6 scroll, I might either respec one of the chanters or just  level up elsewhere, since at that point I didn't even start Act 3 yet and haven't been to White March since I wanted to upscale it.

Now finally having witnessed the damage of 6x dragon oomph I don't believe there is a stronger party comp in Potd, because you just won't need higher defenses or anything another comp might offer, the damage output is just o insane and will only get crazier with leveling up for more acc and brisk recitation scaling.

• Like 1

I got to the 3 Adragan, several spirits and a couple Adra Animats fight in the Endless Paths Elemental level today with my 6 chanters all level 9 and chanting Dragon slashed.

It was a slaughter over in several seconds and quite comicalm since I don't even bother auto attacking anymore I just let the chant do it's work.

Only weakness right now are the above mentioned charms, but only because I didn't level my lore enough for the level 6 scroll, I might either respec one of the chanters or just  level up elsewhere, since at that point I didn't even start Act 3 yet and haven't been to White March since I wanted to upscale it.

Now finally having witnessed the damage of 6x dragon oomph I don't believe there is a stronger party comp in Potd, because you just won't need higher defenses or anything another comp might offer, the damage output is just o insane and will only get crazier with leveling up for more acc and brisk recitation scaling.

Ya ive beaten it a lot obviously but not like that.  The Adra Dragon is immune to fire.  At level 16 you could muscle him and still win but if you did that fight at 12 it might get dicey?  Or the slash damage enough?

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Ya ive beaten it a lot obviously but not like that.  The Adra Dragon is immune to fire.  At level 16 you could muscle him and still win but if you did that fight at 12 it might get dicey?  Or the slash damage enough?

I don't think I ever tried the Adra Dragon at 12, but if any group could do it it is this one, tho I doubt I will attempt any dragon before level 16.

Cail has 48 fire DR and got melted in 30 seconds, Flame Blights have immunity and melt even quicker.

The thing about stacking a dot in this game is it just ticks super fast so even only the slash damage is huge especially later with maxed brisk recitation.

Also I seem to remember @Kaylon once posted stacked dragon slashed is not affected by DR. (Cail definitely looked that way).

edit:

I just remembered level 12 used to be max level and I soloed Adra with a paladin and cipher on level 12.

So yeah, should be no problem at all with the 6 chanters.

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 1

Ya I beat him at 12 with a Paladin as well so it can def be done.  Muscling through the Adra and Sky Dragon is a bit boring now.  Too easy at those levels.  I will say that they are harder for a level 12 character NOW because in the original game they were not immune to anything so they could be disabled a lot easier.  Even the Alpine Dragon when it first came out had no immunity to any status effect.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Immunities were introduced in WM1, thus the Alpine was always the same. In vanilla PoE the paladin was able to solo the Adra just with food (no scrolls, potions or figurines), however WM1 introduced many nerfs/changes to defenses which made those encounters harder to tank.

• Like 2

Well these days even RES is not meta anymore vs dragons.

I was one of the people who always maxed res, these days I don't even take Superior Deflection anymore and Res is never higher than 8(10), for concentration, on my test cipher for backlash it was even dumped and with periapt + dragon food bonus at 8.

Having very high fort and reflex is so much more important, because getting grazed by disables is much more deadly than getting grazed by simple damage.

Ofc maxed deflection feels kinda better in trash fights but against dragons and especially Llengrath you will have to reload spam to get lucky if your fort is below 160,

something you can't do on a legit ToI.

So Per giving acc instead made it a better attribute for pcs in the long run, but it also made something like Adra more deadly since it has around 22 PER.

100 base deflection is actually enough for trash fights if your CON is quite high and if you play a class with bonuses to defenses like cipher with Borrowed Instinct, Chanter with Sight of Comrades (and massive healing) (not giving deflection bonus but there is Llengrath potions), paladin with F+C, Monk with Duality, Wizard with all kinds of buffs...

Then at least in boss fights with use of consumables your deflection will be around 120-130 with maxed fort and very high reflex.

(The cipher doesn't even need consumables, but moonwell is always nice. :p)

You are most definitely right on Fort and Reflex. Rather have them higher then deflection now. Question. Do you think a Paladin should invest into Con at character creation now or do you think F + C and grabbing Con where you can during the game is good enough.

Have gun will travel.

You are most definitely right on Fort and Reflex. Rather have them higher then deflection now. Question. Do you think a Paladin should invest into Con at character creation now or do you think F + C and grabbing Con where you can during the game is good enough.

Depends if you don't mind respeccing.

At the start of the game there is not many deadly disables until Caed Nua (the odd Xaurip Skirmisher is annoying but if you have a party you can just focus those and kill them in seconds, if you solo you're gonna try and avoid those), but deflection on the other hand is kinda important since your acc is very low and fights take a bit longer.

So if you respec before Caed Nua I'd say start with high-maxed res and change to 8 before Caed Nua (get the +2 from Gilded Vale Inn).

On the paladin I would never go below 8 unless your bonus to Res and Concentration (Periapt of the winding path!!!) gets you to 95 Concentration even with dumped Res. (There is still plenty disables that can lower your concentration one way or the other).

But if you don't want to respec as early as before Caed Nua I would start with 8 Res and never touch it again (unless you get way better bonuses to Concentration later on then you could always dump it further).

Also i can't stress enough how awesome coastal Aumaua is on any tank, because of the bonus to stun (the Looped Rope is the only other source in game for a +20 vs stun and it is a WM2 item), which also applies to many deflection attacks like the phantoms stun, so if you still had maxed Res by Caed Nua but also a Coastal Aumaua, Wizards double potion will make Phantoms look very bad against a pala with shield and 1h style and Ring of Deflection + 2 Res from inn.

If you went Coastal Aumaua you could have maxed Res till you fight something more deadly like Pŵgra.

But once again if you want to go with as little respecs as possible 8 Res and more Con is a lot smarter.

• Like 1

Depends if you don't mind respeccing.

At the start of the game there is not many deadly disables until Caed Nua (the odd Xaurip Skirmisher is annoying but if you have a party you can just focus those and kill them in seconds, if you solo you're gonna try and avoid those), but deflection on the other hand is kinda important since your acc is very low and fights take a bit longer.

So if you respec before Caed Nua I'd say start with high-maxed res and change to 8 before Caed Nua (get the +2 from Gilded Vale Inn).

On the paladin I would never go below 8 unless your bonus to Res and Concentration (Periapt of the winding path!!!) gets you to 95 Concentration even with dumped Res. (There is still plenty disables that can lower your concentration one way or the other).

But if you don't want to respec as early as before Caed Nua I would start with 8 Res and never touch it again (unless you get way better bonuses to Concentration later on then you could always dump it further).

Also i can't stress enough how awesome coastal Aumaua is on any tank, because of the bonus to stun (the Looped Rope is the only other source in game for a +20 vs stun and it is a WM2 item), which also applies to many deflection attacks like the phantoms stun, so if you still had maxed Res by Caed Nua but also a Coastal Aumaua, Wizards double potion will make Phantoms look very bad against a pala with shield and 1h style and Ring of Deflection + 2 Res from inn.

If you went Coastal Aumaua you could have maxed Res till you fight something more deadly like Pŵgra.

But once again if you want to go with as little respecs as possible 8 Res and more Con is a lot smarter.

Ya Coastel Aumaua is one of the best tank races except for cheat Moon Godlike.  a Coastal with Hedrix Coat is rarely knocked down and if it happens it is a graze.  Also high stun resist is huge.  Currently I am in a run with a Darcozzi Island Aumaua...just because I wanted more offensive options. 2 FoD's with an Arbalest and not having to waste the points on Arms Bearer is good.  He is pure offense except weapon and shield style, Vets recovery and Bears Fortitude.  I have 5 PER on him for the extra base ACC.  I wanted to go as damaging as possible but still be a good frontliner.  I am not totally opposed to respec if its limited so I will usually just do it once.  I was thinking of dumping the PER to 10 since I have sworn Enemy.  an extra 5 PER doesn't seem like a big deal because of the bonus ACC of sworn enemy plus a weapon focus and the target usually has some type of Druid or Wizard CC.  His stats look like (I don't dump past 8 or 9).

PS

I know its RPish and not power gamey but a Paladin with dumped or flat 10 Res is odd lol but again we are talking ToI so there isn't as much room for LOL RP stuff.  My first Frozen Crown was with a Darcozzi whose stats were 15 Might, 18 Int and 15 Resolve just kept a Flat 10 Con and went fine...I admit I played it safe and fought no Dragon until 16.  I muscled the Adra and Sky dragons easily.

Current Paladin Team in Triple Crown Act 2 looks like:  Chanter tank Kana, Great Weapon Fighter Eder, Bat **** crazy build Druid, Aloth Dangerous Implements and Kalkoth's Blights/Control CC and Support buff Durance.

Darcozzi Stats

15 Might

10 Con (might have to change)

10 Dex

15 Per

15 Int (Aura, Long lasting +10 ACC to Liberating Exhortation_

13 Res (some deflection, Will and high enough to enchant to 15 and get decent conversation options)

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Moon Godlike has lost a lot of it's appeal, especially lategame.

Veteran's recovery, Ancient Memory, Moonwell and Consecrated Ground (Periapt even has 1 per encounter :p aand it is the best tank necklace in my opinion anyway) are so many endurance reg options that will make moon look really useless once you get to the point only hp regen with vital Essence will seem necessary (if at all, the solo cipher with new backlash only barely went to yellow hp in the upscaled Llengrath fight and I was trolling and never directly attacked the dragons.).

1.5 years ago when I created my 6 chanters I made them all moon godlike, now that I play them again I realised how bad that choice was because Ancient Memory *6 is insane.

As to your Darcozzi I'd definitely dump  Res to 8 and wear Periapt for 10 and +25 Concentration.

You didn't even max Might and that is the most important stat on almost any class including paladin, so I would max that and put the rest into CON.

• Like 1

Moon Godlike has lost a lot of it's appeal, especially lategame.

Veteran's recovery, Ancient Memory, Moonwell and Consecrated Ground (Periapt even has 1 per encounter :p aand it is the best tank necklace in my opinion anyway) are so many endurance reg options that will make moon look really useless once you get to the point only hp regen with vital Essence will seem necessary (if at all, the solo cipher with new backlash only barely went to yellow hp in the upscaled Llengrath fight and I was trolling and never directly attacked the dragons.).

1.5 years ago when I created my 6 chanters I made them all moon godlike, now that I play them again I realised how bad that choice was because Ancient Memory *6 is insane.

As to your Darcozzi I'd definitely dump  Res to 8 and wear Periapt for 10 and +25 Concentration.

You didn't even max Might and that is the most important stat on almost any class including paladin, so I would max that and put the rest into CON.

I loved my moon godlike / one stands alone barbarian back when that massacred, but the reason to skip a moon godlike comes much, much, much earlier.  The Munaccra Arret provides such power to non-ciphers that I can't see trading it for moon healing, except in Dragon fights.  

I loved my moon godlike / one stands alone barbarian back when that massacred, but the reason to skip a moon godlike comes much, much, much earlier.  The Munaccra Arret provides such power to non-ciphers that I can't see trading it for moon healing, except in Dragon fights.  

Yep, but since then Veteran's recovery has been added. :)

Yesterday i did all dragons except Llengrath btw with the 6 chanters.

Adra Dragon took 2 minutes and it was hardly noticeable being resistant to fire, since it only has 113 reflex slash damage just melted it.