Well, it's in the far southern part of it and what we've seen so far is tropical or subtropical. Not sure if we know whether we can traverse the WHOLE deadfire archipelago or just a portion of it.

Would be cool as dlc though, like the pillars 1 dlc. her island and family is in trouble and you help out. 

Really? But... isn't she from somewhere more... snowy? I thought the Deadfire is all tropical. 

The part we are going to is tropical, but its apparently huge and stretches through to the White that Wends. 

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

From what I understand, part of the reason the Deadfire was chosen as a location for the sequel was that it could provide a really wide variety of environments and locales, so I don't think we'll be sticking to *just* tropical/subtropical even if it's what we've so far seen. I know the White that Wends was considered as an option but was also set aside given that the snowy/frozen setting was already worked with on The White March - this doesn't preclude that there could be some colder areas in the game though, and that we could see an expansion set around these parts in the future.

• Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Did Sagani ever mention how old her kids were? Perhaps the eldest may depart on a vision quest of her own and we'll meet up. The Boreal dwarves are described as instinctive explorers, so encountering one outside of Naasitaq doesn't seem out of the question.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Did Sagani ever mention how old her kids were? Perhaps the eldest may depart on a vision quest of her own and we'll meet up. The Boreal dwarves are described as instinctive explorers, so encountering one outside of Naasitaq doesn't seem out of the question.

Their ages weren't mentioned.

We know she was travelling for 5 years already by the time you encounter her. She is 57 so I doubt she just popped a kid and went for a lengthy journy. It is likely that her children will be adults by the time Deadfire will be taking place. 

• Like 1

We know she was travelling for 5 years already by the time you encounter her. She is 57 so I doubt she just popped a kid and went for a lengthy journy. It is likely that her children will be adults by the time Deadfire will be taking place.

It'd be reasonable to assume that they were already adults when she left, or teenager for her youngest.

Edited by smjjames

Pretty sure I've seen their ages mentioned, at least some of them. Either in conversation with her, or in the ending slides. Have therefore thought about her kids as relatively small. IIRC, she mentions somewhere the smallest was 6 years when she left, or something to that effect.

The implication seems to be that at least a few of them were still children when she she left. She mentions trying to avoid swearing around them and the ending slide if you don't complete her quest talks about the lives they built without her in a way that implies they hadn't started building them before she'd left.

I checked the endings slide, and the last one mentions what happened to her children:

"She also learned that Kallu had perished of winter fever a few years before, and her middle child, Najuo, had died in a raid."

"But she found her daughter Yakona a hunter and mother of three and her son Malaak a builder of mighty walls. In them, she came to find her place in the village and the familiar contours of a world that had changed in her absence."

I checked the endings slide, and the last one mentions what happened to her children:

"She also learned that Kallu had perished of winter fever a few years before, and her middle child, Najuo, had died in a raid."

"But she found her daughter Yakona a hunter and mother of three and her son Malaak a builder of mighty walls. In them, she came to find her place in the village and the familiar contours of a world that had changed in her absence."

But this only happens if you don't find Persoq (so he dies and his soul moves somewhere else) and she continues to look for him for XX years more until she found him in Aedyr.

"Persoq's trail goes cold and Sagani returns to Mussuk many years later"

But this only happens if you don't find Persoq (so he dies and his soul moves somewhere else) and she continues to look for him for XX years more until she found him in Aedyr.

"Persoq's trail goes cold and Sagani returns to Mussuk many years later"

So you're saying they will need to branch on the outcome of the original game? Yep.

Wait, when is her age mentioned?

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

she did say one of the children "was so young when she left she/he probably doesn't remember her anymore" 

I got it from gamepedia. Whenever it is accurate or not I cannot tell. I don't believe game itself mentioned her exact age. 

Sagani was probably the least interesting character for me, so I hope we don't have to suffer any of her family!

Awwww... that hurts. 

Personally, I didn't much care for Kana.

At first i HATED Kana and Sagani, but they grew on me. Kinda like a nasty fungus.

In the end, i can only say that i disliked only a single companion - Pallegina. (Bit annoyed that she's 33.3% of the returning companions in Deadfire.)

Though, i do think it'd be pretty interesting to visit Sagani's village (especially if she died in your adventure or if she's still somewhere out there, hunting for Persoq).

Edited by Juodas Varnas
  • Like 1

Sagani was probably the least interesting character for me, so I hope we don't have to suffer any of her family!

Well this is why having a variety of companions is good, because personally I liked Sagani. I prefer to adventure with characters I would like to befriend in real life. Not always; just most of the time.

• Like 3

Well this is why having a variety of companions is good, because personally I liked Sagani. I prefer to adventure with characters I would like to befriend in real life. Not always; just most of the time.

Same here, I quite liked Sagani, and found her one of the more interesting characters. Don't much care for Kana tbh, though that may be a side effect of not caring all that much for chanters (besides the awesome dragons that wails chant). Really liked Pallegina too, so I'm glad she is returning. Aloth I could do without, and probably the main reason I tend to travel with him is that he's a wizard. Oddly enough, Eder felt a bit bland for a very long time, but he grew on me, particularly due to the companion quest (and fantastic voice acting).

I'm glad a few of them are returning, and glad two of them are Pallegina and Eder, whom I like, and reckon it's a good idea that not most/all return. Wish we had more companions to choose from from an early stage of the game, as I don't tend to use companions from expansions and such. It's just too late, I have a set group then. Going back to BG for instance, it's nice to have a couple wizards, fighters and priests to choose from. Means you can go with more good/evil characters, and if you don't like one, maybe you'll like the other.

I understand that making companions is a lot of work, mind you, but it would be excellent with more of them, especially early on.

Edited by PangaeaACDC
  • Like 4