Sunwrought Kyra is actually a decent melee fighter since her skill's been upgraded to a d8+3.  I split my skill points equally between strength and wisdom.  For card feats I went ally, item, spell, spell, weapon, blessing, and armor + blessing.  She's definitely better than base Kyra.

Sunwrought Kyra is a fighter. I consider her the best alt character in the game.   Max her strength and put the rest in wisdom.

4 weapons is about right.  Don't add any more armour. 

Max her blessings and give her power to put blessing of Saranae on top of her deck.

Max her spells.   A couple greater aid is very nice.  A couple of your best divine attack spells are good.  Perhaps an improved find traps.

I find that some items are better than followers.  But this depends on your party size and your play style.

Sunwrought Kyra is a fighter. I consider her the best alt character in the game.   Max her strength and put the rest in wisdom.

4 weapons is about right.  Don't add any more armour. 

Max her blessings and give her power to put blessing of Saranae on top of her deck.

Max her spells.   A couple greater aid is very nice.  A couple of your best divine attack spells are good.  Perhaps an improved find traps.

I find that some items are better than followers.  But this depends on your party size and your play style.

Once you complete 6-5 you'll have to take either an armor or 5th weapon since all your other card feats will be filled.  I went with a second armor since they're easier to cycle and gives her a little more protection.  Also, since she's a good melee fighter and won't be very good at recharging spells, if you're putting most of your skill feats into strength, I didn't give her any attack spells.  Any attack spell that's strong enough to make using it over a weapon preferable will be very difficult for her to recharge, so I went with major cure, greater aid x2, augury, and a rotation of invoke, fervor, and restoration for her last spell.  

• Like 1

As the others said, she is truly a good fighter but not a good at spell caster with only five max spell cards, while the recharge check is not very high.

I want mention her skill to recharge bless of sarenrare. Rechargeable bless is one of the most extraodinary things in this game. It means u can spam bless in everything, explore, fighting, deal with any check and also help other charactor's check. So the bless power(forgot the name) is defintely the first choice u should make after finish chapter 3-5. Also max the bless card list first, and collect the blesses of sarenrare.

The role choice shout be the healer. Only because of the bigger hand size. Other power feat is not important.

I would prefer exorcist over healer. Because the hand size is 7 which is enough (healer has 8, a bigger hand size is also dangerous (easier to die), and also there is something better than recharging blessing of saren, it is the possibility to put them on top of the deck, which is invaluable... this way you can choose to have them on the next hand recharge...

But in fact I'm unsure... I had a normal kyra and I noticed often I choose to recharge it because if I put it on top of the deck then I always get the same card over and over and I miss some other cards :)

Edited by harf4ng

• 2 weeks later...

Sunwrought Kyra is a Fighter/Cleric dual class; what you get is someone with equivalent melee attack power to any of the other straight fighters, with the ability to use the Cleric Cure on Divine burial. To that end, I leave her with only one heal in her deck, Mass Cure. With her ability to recycle Blessing of Saranrae infinitely, you lose flexibility for the benefits that some blessings provide if you only run them; I like keeping in a couple of Lamashtu for the burial effect on boss fights when I'm out of other options.

That said: For her spells I run Improved Aid, Find Traps, Mass Cure, Holy Light and Invoke (regain rounds). The Holy Light slot is fungible based on the scenario. For gear I prefer to give her something like Mokmurian's Club, since she hits hard enough you can use it as a Staff of Healing rather than sacrifice it. I waffled on Healer vs Hunter, and went with Healer because in the team I have her in, the ability to spot heal anyone for 4-7 is more powerful than the extra dice she would get for Undead Hunter. Yes, she gets a larger hand size, but in that hand she's nearly guaranteed to pull 2 blessings and can heal herself before she gets downed. I usually pair her with Seoni first, but she can solo almost any node.