Warrens / Zombie Horde bug

Kovnos

Question

Hello,

My game is stuck, and I can not do anything.

I'm playing on Steam (my user name is Kovnos #8972) and currently doing the Fort In Peril scenario, normal difficulty, permadeath off.

Seelah and Ezren are at the closed City Gates, Kyra is at the open Warrens, Merisiel is at the open Prison. Other three locations are closed.

Turn order is Merisiel-Kyra-Seelah-Ezren, Ezren's turn starts (turn 12), he moves to the Prison.

He uses Charm Person, gains an Archer.

First exploration, encounters Diseased Rats, he defeats them using Lightning Touch, uses an Arcane check to recharge it, uses Augmented spellbook to draw Frost Ray.

He discards the Archer to explore again.

Encounters a Zombie Horde, so I have three Zombie Minion fights. Merisiel wins easily, Kyra also wins, however, at this point the Warrens' ability triggers and puts a random monster card on top of the Prison deck. Ezren also defeats his Zombie Minion with a Force Missile, this is where the game saves.

Now Ezren makes an Arcane check to recharge the Force Missile he used, with a 100% check. After this, his Zombie Minion is banished, but the Zombie Horde card stays in the deck, with another card (summoned by the Warrens) on top of it.

I can not do anything, the encounter isn't officially over (even though all Zombie Minions were defeated), he can not use his Augmented Spellbook, nothing seems to advance the turn.

What can I do?

4 answers to this question

Have you tried going into the Vault and back? It will not help in removing the Monster & Barrier bug, but it could probably unlock your game - probably to some point before the freeze. If you already did this and/or tried to restart the game, the only option may be forfeiting (if possible). If nothing like that helps, contact the obsidian support staff with your PFID number.

When I play "just for fun and gold" in Android (adventure 1-1 Legendary), I sometimes encounter similar issues with the "Horde-like" cards. Once I experienced similar issue with Ancient Skeletons (and without Warrens) and the Horde card still visible as small card beside the deck (as "card is currently being resolved") for the following several turns until the revealing Hero explored. It happened three times in succession :(.

Yes, I can go to the vault, or go to the settings, exit to the main menu and come back or restart my game - it always goes back to the same spot, where Ezren makes his arcane check to recharge his spell, and after that, the game hangs.

I had hangs before with horde-like cards (two times at least), but a restart always solved it, that's why I think Warrens has to do something with this glitch.

Forfeiture seems like an option, but I've never done that before, and I don't know if that's permanent or if there would be any drawbacks to it, so I'd rather not, if there is another way.

Forfeiture seems like an option, but I've never done that before, and I don't know if that's permanent or if there would be any drawbacks to it, so I'd rather not, if there is another way.

Forfeiting a scenario is fine.  

There are no penalties to "losing" in the game.  It is more of a time penalty than anything else, because you have to start that scenario from the beginning again.

Sadly, getting stuck in a summoning loop happens from time to time, and a forfeit is the only way out.  If that doesn't do the trick, there are other solutions, but I'd try forfeiting before anything else.