Question about Vanilla and White March

Hi guys ! I have bought Pillars of Eternity (vanilla) two days ago :) Question i have is about White March (expansion pass version) : should i bought it right away or shall I start and finish my first playthrough and then buy the dlc ? I dont want to lose anything in aspect of fun : new spells/new quests/new content whatsoever. 

Cheers !
Cbone

Buy it right away, both parts (WM I and II). It isn't a sequel that takes place after the main campaign. INstead it expands the main game with higher level cap (from 12 to 14 in WM I and up to 16 in WM II) new locations, items, abilities, talents and quests that you can visit/use relatively freely throughout your playthrough. They expand and improve the vanilla game a lot.

So there is no point in waiting if you want to play the content of the expansions anyway. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Agreed with Boerer. The only reason to wait would be if you want it at a discount on a sale or something. But as far as I know, there are none that have been announced for the recent future, and one just ended. So I'd just go ahead and get them. Once you enter the final area of the base game there's no turning back.

I'd say you should play the game for a bit and see if you like it before you go and buy the expansions. If you like the base game then you'll like the expansions too.

False. The base game is good and all, but if you already have it, then don't cheat yourself out of the expansions. 

I'd say you should play the game for a bit and see if you like it before you go and buy the expansions. If you like the base game then you'll like the expansions too.

False. The base game is good and all, but if you already have it, then don't cheat yourself out of the expansions. 

How is that false? If Cbonecapone plays the base game and doesn't like it, there's no reason to get the expansions. "Because you already have the base game," is not a reason to spend another ~$30. I suggest getting the DLC, but what Haran said is not unreasonable in the least.

• Like 1

How is that false? If Cbonecapone plays the base game and doesn't like it, there's no reason to get the expansions. "Because you already have the base game," is not a reason to spend another ~$30. I suggest getting the DLC, but what Haran said is not unreasonable in the least.

False. It is very unreasonable.

Not that unreasonable. The White March improves the base game imo by about 192%, but I would never have known that without playing vanilla to the end prior to the release of the expansions. If real-time with pause is not your thing, or if reading is boring, there's no reason to triple your misery.

I'd recommend buying now, playing through Act 1, up to Level 8 or 9, then start the expansions, getting all the good loot before continuing with Act II and III of the main game.  

Just today I finally defeated Llengrath and her nasty dragons. Spared Falanroed, so to speak, in case Deadfire makes use of an immortal in a mortal vessel.

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I know it's not unreasonable, mkay. I just don't want him to miss an awesome expansion. ^_^

No one's disputing that the expansion is great. But it makes no sense to buy it if you don't like the game to begin with. Saying "false" a bunch of times doesn't make it so.