The Music Listening thread

Pidesco

Weezer did a pretty good cover of Africa. I can't even tell the difference, but you don't need to change perfection.

This is what I find weird. If you cover / remake a song, wouldn't you add a personal note? Their cover song sounds exactly the same as the original... then why listen to it instead of the original?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Opeth's Damnation album always very much reminded me of Diablo.  While there is no exact 1 to 1 copy to Tristram on the album, I will post this:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

...snip...

Could there be a more perfect tune?

I accept your challenge:

Also:

Edit: I miss pre-Squeenix Square Soft so much.  1993-1995 Square Soft might be the greatest 3 year stretch any software company has ever had.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Could there be a more perfect tune?

or the best song to wake up to

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If you want to skip the intro talk, jump to 2:55

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Non-stop Tokyo cruisin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_4k418q-F8

Heh, I saw that on my "related videos" on YouTube for some reason like last week, too, and figured what the heck, and listened to it for a few hours. It was...pleasant, for the most part.

People should really take care to upload higher quality videos - it's not too difficult, either. This one isn't too bad, but my FLACs certainly sound better than this.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

@Raithe
I love her! I love Helene Bøksle! Norwegian is such a beautiful language and her songs are pure magic in my ears :wub:
Here, some of my favorite songs from her:

~ Svalbard ~
by Helene Bøksle

~ Alt i meg ~
by Helene Bøksle

~ Hugtatt ~
by Helene Bøksle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Staying Norwegian, another wonderful magical Norwegian song. This time from Two Steps from Hell and Merethe Soltvedt.

~ Compass ~
by Two Steps from Hell
vocals by Merethe Soltvedt

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

happy 4th.

technical there is music playing in the background, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90dBYRO55XI

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)