The Music Listening thread

Pidesco

Sometimes randomly surfing YouTube, you find little gems you personally like. Not my fave music style perhaps but he's adorable + I like his independent messages. And he can dance. I'd go see him in a local concert if I lived in Los Angeles. I wish him luck.

More conventional music video/song (no it's not a Psy cover):

Gangsta (re: don't have to be a certain way to "be a man") (those shoes tho...lol)

Edit: forgot about the 2 embed per post limit. The 3rd is actually my fave video of the 3 ("don't you want a white picket fence/stop asking me"). Oh well.

Never Been In Love

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Levels always bothered me when it came out because it was ****ing everywhere, and wouldn't go away. But it was always a decent song, and really did define the backdrop of it's time.

The perfect song for bros in neon tank tops to sky pump to.

If I had it all to do over again and I could be anything I wanted I would be a Jazz musician, hands down.  Sure, I wouldn't get the crazy money and fame that a pop musician does, given that Jazz hasn't been mainstream for 60 years, if not longer, but I wouldn't want superstar fame.  I don't think I could handle being recognized literally everywhere I went, whereas as a Jazz musician I could still make a decent living AND play amazing music AND be able to (mostly) live a normal life.

As an aside, the bass guitarist looks like he's about to have several strokes.  Then again, when you're jamming out that hard, I feel like you have the right to make whatever facial gestures and body contortions you so well please.  It's like when a 80s metal guitarist goes into a killer guitar solo and starts performing, what can only be described as, oral sex to his guitar.  Normally that would be really weird, but since he's shredding so ****ing hard, it's a really appropriate gesture.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxf8dybTOfw

Sometimes I think I should really stick to listening to music whose lyrics I can understand.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sometimes I think I should really stick to listening to music whose lyrics I can understand.

I'm actually sometimes a big fan of music I can't understand. Two examples I have a particular affinity for: Spanish Shakira, and Finnish Tik Tak.

In the case of Shakira, she's actually lead me to learn some more Spanish. Tiktak.... I still have near no idea what they're saying, but I dig it.

I'm actually considering catching Shakira live this summer. From everything I've ever seen/heard she puts on a great show.