The Music Listening thread

Pidesco

You've really spoiled me here :D

Well know I have a new artist to delve into, much appreciated!

:grin: Depending on which 'side' of his output you'd like to explore more, I'd suggest looking at Scott 3 and Scott 4 for his more baroque stuff, and Tilt and The Drift for his latter-day, more experimental work. Either way I think you're in for a treat. :p Lemme hear your thoughts when/if you do!

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The ​Wolfe Tones were one of my dad's favorite bands, and he introduced me to them when I was a kid. There was a particular song he had me listen to, the Four Seasons, about the turning of the seasons and time running out and being forgotten. I liked the song, but didn't really have much appreciation for the band itself. I gave them another chance recently, and discovered some more songs I like by them, and I had planned to send him the song near his birthday earlier this year but decided against it for a couple of reasons. Still feel crappy that I never sent it to him before he killed himself. Don't think it would've changed anything, but it still is just a crappy thing.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I almost posted this in The Metal Thread, but I figured that this isn't what Katphood was going for.

In my mind, without a shadow of a doubt, the greatest hair metal song ever.  I kind of hesitate to call it hair metal, since that carries a negative connotation of a song being weaksauce, and this song is anything but weak, it rocks hard as ****.  The slow section in the middle with the build toward a screaming guitar solo is amazeballs.  Also, peak Tawny Kitaen  :w00t:

Maybe the best way to put it is that this was not an actual hair metal song, but rather an awesome song that hair metal songs were pale imitations of, including latter Whitesnake songs.

Agreed 100%.

Probably the best jukebox moment of my last year's bar adventures was when I played this song (for the first time since probably the 90s). Surprisingly, pretty much everyone over the age of 35 rocked out hard to this tune (most of the younger folks had never heard it). Surprisingly only because I played it in a bar that usually has ****ty hip hop on these days, and generally no one there rocks out to anything. In other words, this genre of music doesn't usually fly there. It flew, and hard. Changed the entire tempo of the place for the rest of the night.

If you've never listened to the Donington show, I highly recommend:

• Like 1

From night 8 of The Baker's Dozen

The end of a unique and phenomenal Harpua > Also Sprach Zarathustra (4K fan shot)

The perfect follow song.

I was there. Best run of shows I've ever seen, and possibly ever will as such a thing will probably never happen again. So many many great moments, this was one.

The universe is a donut.....

• Like 1

^This is worth your time.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...