The Music Listening thread

Pidesco

single greatest 80s song?

perhaps.

also gets our vote as basis for a new obsidian crpg.  chess rpg set in bangkok, reykjavik, hastings and other locales? each city representing a new challenge just to make it to the tournament with you, an upstart grandmaster and a small group o' loyal accomplices/companions perhaps resorting to dirty tricks to foil your adversaries, or perhaps taking moral high ground and instead need deal with traps set by nefarious and unique opponents.  factions?  sure. brothels? why not? get all the traditional crpg trappings.  heck, final boss could be an actual dragon in disguise whom you face in a life and death chess showdown in bangkok.

am kidding.  mostly.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

groovy

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Been listening a bit to Peter Cornelius - good vocalist, gifted guitar player (with a grammy nomniation to his name) and the heart of a poet.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

An Asian drama I've been watching used her "River" song as a chr. theme which ofc led me to YouTube. Where I ended up liking her more recent single even more. I don't typically like female (pop/diva) voices but she has the tonal range and vocal style I tend to prefer. Really good for bopping to on a walk. Why I haven't I heard of her before, I need to buy some albums ... I really do only "discover" music via games and TV/media anymore. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts