The Music Listening thread

Pidesco

Any song about a pirate that can walk without a head is fine by me

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

And one more from Helene Bøksle :)

~ Var jeg en vind ~
by Helene Bøksle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Oddly enough it's not that bad.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After 13 nights and 236 songs Phish began their final encore of the Bakers Dozen with an emotional rendition of...

In 5 more days.... Summer Tour 2018 begins, hence LazyLightning55a's apropros post of the above today. I'm flying out tomorrow for the opener in Tahoe myself.

If you know them, and you're even remotely on the fence about seeing them, do it. If you don't know them... well...

I wish Phish upon you all.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Been on a Thin Lizzy kick of late.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

~ True Strength ~
by John Dreamer

added with a little bit of tribute to Mass Effect, makes me cry ;(

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

We all know that one person who fills the forums with negativity, here's to your arch-rivals :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• Like 1