The Music Listening thread

Pidesco

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

~ Empire Of Angels ~
 by Two Steps From Hell [Thomas Bergersen]

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Sorry, no youtube video. We're going Melbourne to see this in about 3 days from now. I'm really looking forward to it :)

http://www.wizardofozthemusical.com/tickets/melbourne/

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nier Automata soundtrack = Best soundtrack

EDIT: how do I link the video?

EDIT 2 (Electric boogaloo): figured it out with earlier replies.

Edited by Taevyr

EDIT 2 (Electric boogaloo):

Much prefer Ballrog Boogie myself.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

EDIT 2 (Electric boogaloo):

Much prefer Ballrog Boogie myself.

That's pretty good, though perhaps a tad too operatic at times for my taste. Here's some (trashy) freshly plundered pirate metal, since we're all sailing the Deadfire these days.

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 2

King Crimson is a bit of an anomaly when you try to judge them.  If you look at them from a strictly commercial view, I guess they are a failure, since they never made it big, except during the very brief period when prog was mainstream during the mid 70s, and even then they were overshadowed by Yes, ELP, Rush, etc.  On the other hand, the band garnered a cult following that still persists and gathers new members 50 years after their inception because they have always explored weird aspects of music most bands wouldn't dare to approach, or wouldn't even know how to begin to approach, and they have outlived most of the superstar bands that came and went during their tenure.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

the real version of this song is blocked on youtube, but this one's not bad

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

the real version of this song is blocked on youtube, but this one's not bad

One of these?

Grab yourself a good VPN if you can't see either of these video. ;)

and #@)*$ YouTube and the various record/movie companies that play the 'you can't see this in your country' game.

• Like 1

Perfect music to start the work day with.

• Like 1