The Music Listening thread

Pidesco

I go back and forth on whether Bob Weir looks more like a walrus or a Civil War general.  Either way, phenomenal look.  I can only hope I look even half as badass when I'm 70.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

[.z8[/media]

For those who enjoy their country... just how many faces did you recognise? ;)

Jeepers! Hardly knew any of them! I would know the older ones, like Dolly, Charlie, Randy Vince, Reba, Willie, but the rest were blanks.

Have you watched Nashville? I thought I would hate it, but got sucked into it big time, great artists and songs!

Cool video, cheers!

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Unpopular opinion: I enjoy grunge-era Metallica far more than their thrash metal days. I can see how people who liked Metallica before they changed wouldn't, but it's just a style of music I vastly prefer and their thrash metal days are older than me, I didn't grow up with it, so for me it wasn't a betrayal. I like their thrash stuff just fine, but their grunge stuff is my jam. People like to say Metallica jumped the shark with the Black Album but I think they didn't start to suck until Saint Anger, an album which can be summed up with "fans say we should go back to thrash so I guess we'll do that but WAH I DUN WANNA" and that's been my opinion of every album since. Death Magnetic and everything after was just Saint Anger with better production values and out of place guitar solos because the fans yelled at them for not having them on Saint Anger. It's when they stopped making music on their own terms when Metallica went to ****.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Unpopular opinion: I enjoy grunge-era Metallica far more than their thrash metal days.

heresy.jpg

Anyway, I always have a theory that thrash is a young man's thing, is hard to keep up as you get old. So i don't really hate on Metallica for much, St Anger was terrible just for the oil can drums and really poor lyrics (I notice post-Cliff is worse than pre- in this regard, to me).

Have to share that just for the line of "...longer than a camgirl's wishlist".  Have to use that. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To better...no, to happier times. :(

I prefer the Hall & Oates version

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Like 2