The Music Listening thread

Pidesco

Once more unto the breach.

Courtney Barnett - Avant Gardener

• Like 22

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

SiriusXM Classic Rewind Ch 25. It is the greatest radio station ever. And it absolutely guarantees you never hear anything you've never heard before! :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Vircator - Tunguska

Heja Sverige!!

Volcano Choir - Comrade

Heja Sverige!!

Les Savy Fav - Patty Lee

Heja Sverige!!

Such a good action/suspense/romance series.

Song makes me tap my toe or head-bop around the room, can't help it. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I may have posted this song before, or not, I don't even know at this point.  Doesn't matter. I'm going to post it (potentially) again because it's one of the greatest songs ever.  There's a reason this song has been remade a dozen times in practically every genre on earth.  The reason is that it's an AMAZING song.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

While I'm at it, I might as well drop some more 70s and early 80s RnB and Funk.  One of my coworkers a couple weeks ago asked this question:  The 90s and early 2000s were the best time for Hip-Hop and RnB, right?  My reply was: I agree about the Hip-Hop.  The implication being that I obviously do not agree about the RnB.  I will go to bat for the 70s and early 80s in terms of RnB any day of the week.  Earth Wind & Fire, Kool & tqhe Gang, The Commodores, Barry White, Diana Ross, Isaac Hayes, Marvin Gaye, and Teddy Pendergrass?  How the **** are you going to go against that.  I'm not trying to **** on 90s RnB, there were plenty of great performers, but, I'm sorry, you ain't stacking up against the 70s and early 80s.  

Case in point, here's Teddy P belting out a classic that's GUARANTEED to get dripping wet panties dropping to the floor:

This song is 35 years old.  It doesn't matter.  Fellas, if you're looking for action, just turn off the lights, light some candles, and put this song on.  The panties practically come off by themselves. Teddy P won't do you wrong  ;)

I challenge any Obsidian Forumite, anyone, to find me a better groove on song.  Take all the time you want.  Any genre, any time period.  Let's see if you can beat Teddy P.  Go ahead, I dare you.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

somebody had to take the bullet.

wth.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Better than caffeine

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

were thinking 'bout poe 2 music recent and for some reason we thought o' how much we enjoyed newer (as 'posed to 1970s) bsg soundtracks.  bsg clear had polynesian/pacific islands influences deadfire will be drawing 'pon.

'course our favorite track from bsg were not a bear mccreary piece, but rather philip glass.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

^ Wagakkiband

They're awesome by the way.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken