I usually have it on my Paladin in the early to mid game and noticed today in Heritage Hill while I was fighting undead wizards and firing Friendly AOE spells around my tank that it no longer confers the +10 spell defense.  This used to be a really good amulet for tank Paladins...

Crazy thing is it DID work in the Leyra fight against the Priest spells.  I had the fight under control and let her scream once and I did not get the bonus against the Paralyze spell.  Odd it used to work for everything...is this just a bug in my game?

Have gun will travel.

No idea to be honest. But there was a time up to 2.something (if I remember correctly) where it also didn't work.

May it be that it only works against targeted, non AoE spells nowadays?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

No idea to be honest. But there was a time up to 2.something (if I remember correctly) where it also didn't work.

May it be that it only works against targeted, non AoE spells nowadays?

Tried both. All targeted Wizard spells did the same.  Bounding missile spells miss or graze against 92 deflection.  Should be 102.  oh well.  I usually out pace it anyway close to this time in the game.

Have gun will travel.

Ya oddly it works against priest spells.  All the Leyra priest tried to Halt me against my base of 98 FORT defense and I saved/grazed against them for 108 Fort.  Doesn't work against Cipher spells as I said.  So it now sucks lol.

PS I was doing another playthrough not long ago that failed (tried the Adra Dragon at lvl 8..doable but not recommended on PotD) and I am pretty sure Brad's Luscious Pearls which has the same effect as Spellward amulet was working.  I will have to recheck tonight after work.  If someone has time to do it now would be great :p

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

well Brads Luscious Pear also doesnt give +10 Spell Defense.  Looks like its broken.  Looks like this effect on necklaces is broken.  I will report it.

Have gun will travel.

I have to say you guys are dedicated.

I'm currently playing a Shieldbearer/Barb duo PotD run. They team well. The SB NEVER goes down and supports the Barb well. I was using the amulet on my Barb to help resist enemy CC along with Blair Gholan and the booots that resist prone/stun. I don't really check the numbers as close as you guys do. Maybe I'll just switch to a +3 Per cloak instead. Thanks for the info!

Ya dude items and abilities that do not work bother me.  In fact builds that do not work bother me.  I have literally scrapped Triple Crown runs for the mere fact that the build was bad (I only do limited respecing lmao).  I am a huge moron.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.