Hi,

at the beginning, my English skills are not good and I am sorry, if my text has several grammar and vocabulary mistakes. ^^'

I am still thinking about to buy Pillars of Eternity when it is released on PS4. Defnitly, I prefer game pads for gaming. My experience with RPGs begins with X-Men Legends 2, but it have really begun with Dragon Age Origins on PS3. Now next to the decision to buy the game I am asking me on which way I want  and can play a main character in PoE. 

In general I prefer the mage class and than I like it to kick the cliches and standards in to the bin play a character and class that does not follow the usully agenda. I like it to play an Arcane Warrior in Dragon Age Origins with big armor, spirit healer skills, in Awakening additional with battle mage skills (frozen ring i.e.) and some other buffs (flame or ice weapons or weapon with more armor ignorance, arcane shield, spell protection, heal aura and so on) and active spells. Is it possible  to play a battle mage like this in PoE? It should be mentioned that I play RPG more because of the story, the dealing and how the character creation is involved  in that events. DAO did a good Job, DAI tried it and DA2  has not enough time to bring it.

Could anyone give me some answers, please?

You could visit the  https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Official_Pillars_of_Eternity_Wiki  and look up the Wizard class and spells. Wizards in this game may use any armor and any weapon including enchanted ones, but they are limited to wizard spells - and those don't include healing spells such as those a Priest or Druid can cast. You could play a battle Druids instead.

Else, I think you restrict yourself too much with regard to what main character you want to play. PoE offers great options for character/party building.

• Like 1

You can totally play a wizard in armor and with a sword. And there are a few wizard spells that heal you, starting at spell lvl 2 with Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon which damages the enemies and gives you the dealt damage as healing for example. It's a pretty awesome spell for a melee wizard. 

Wizards have powerful self buffs and also nice and powerfu summoned weapons, although those are staffs, wands a wicked pike and even a war bow, but not a sword. But it's not a problem to pick up a normal sword, go dual wielding, use a shield or go for a two handed weapon, everything works as long as you pick the right talents and spells and put on the right equipment. Even an unarmed wizard "monk style" is viable and fun to play.

There is even a bounty quest in PoE where you have to bring down a whole group of wizards - and they are all different. Some are in plate with great swords, some in robes with wands and so on. 

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You could visit the  https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Official_Pillars_of_Eternity_Wiki  and look up the Wizard class and spells. Wizards in this game may use any armor and any weapon including enchanted ones, but they are limited to wizard spells - and those don't include healing spells such as those a Priest or Druid can cast. You could play a battle Druids instead.

Else, I think you restrict yourself too much with regard to what main character you want to play. PoE offers great options for character/party building.

Yes, I know. This thoughts are only my first idea which way I want to play a Character in PoE and how much I can adapt my play style as I have descriped with my Dragon Age Origins experiences. ^^

Maybe, I could play a Dukemon styled HC.  I still have no idea what I can create exactly in PoE. Not yet.^^

When  I am already at asking, what you can do in PoE. Is Gamepad gameplay available on the PC version or will it be added into the PC version after PS4 release?

I won't recommmend gamepad at all for this game. Way too much micromanagement. More than DA:O since the combat mechanics are more complicated and the AI is worse. But if you can play DA:O with a gamepad then it's doable I guess. I honestly have no idea if it's already controllable with a gamepad atm.

You can play a wizard like that on the picture. Although there's not THAT shiny plate armor. ;) Since the guy on that picture has a staff (?) I recommend using the summoned two handed weapons of a wizard (you can still use other weapons like a normal staff or a great sword or whatever as backup without drawback). Those are very powerful in the stages of the game where you get them and all work with the same talents. There's Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff (spell lvl 1) and Citzal's Spirit Lance (splvl 5). Later you can summon Llengrath's Warding Staff, too. They also look a bit more phantastic than the usual weapon.

• Like 1

I won't recommmend using a gamepad at all for this game. Way too much micromanagement. More than DA:O since the combat mechanics are more complicated and the AI is worse. But if you can play DA:O with a gamepad then it's doable I guess. I honestly have no idea if it's already controllable with a gamepad atm.

You can play a wizard like that on the picture. Although there's not THAT shiny plate armor. ;) Since the guy on that picture has a staff (?) I recommend using the summoned two handed weapons of a wizard (you can still use other weapons like a normal staff or a great sword or whatever as backup without drawback). Those are very powerful in the stages of the game where you get them and all work with the same talents. There's Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff (spell lvl 1) and Citzal's Spirit Lance (splvl 5). Later you can summon Llengrath's Warding Staff, too. They also look a bit more phantastic than the usual weapon.

The weapon seems to be an axe halberd. No matter, this character this figure stands for what I want to play. A battlemage with weapon, shield or a two handed weapon, an armor and heavy spells with big range. 

at this point I would like to know, if you can change the colours of the armor. I prefer it, when it is free as in The Sims Medieval, not with extra costs like in Titan Quest or Diablo 3.

You can always pick a primary and a secondary color for your outfit. However, there are limitations:

- A lot of unique armors don't change colors. But some do.

- Special parts of armor - for example shiny metal parts - won't change color but stay silvery or golden. A good example is plate mail.

Generally speaking- the more fabric and the less metal the more likely it is that you change the color of the armor.

Even some hats and helmets change color if they have leather or fabric parts.

• Like 1

You could visit the https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Official_Pillars_of_Eternity_Wiki and look up the Wizard class and spells. Wizards in this game may use any armor and any weapon including enchanted ones, but they are limited to wizard spells - and those don't include healing spells such as those a Priest or Druid can cast. You could play a battle Druids instead.

Yes, I know. This thoughts are only my first idea which way I want to play a Character in PoE and how much I can adapt my play style as I have descriped with my Dragon Age Origins experiences. ^^

Maybe, I could play a Dukemon styled HC. I still have no idea what I can create exactly in PoE. Not yet.^^

When I am already at asking, what you can do in PoE. Is Gamepad gameplay available on the PC version or will it be added into the PC version after PS4 release?

That pick looks like a modernized Kane from The Shining Force. I got a lot of mileage out of that game... good times.

• Like 1

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.