I've seen some people asking the question whether or not Obsidian will be present at Gamescom this year.

But I was wondering if it has been answered anywhere, (didn't find the answer though).

It's scheduled to be from August 22nd to August 26th so, pretty soon !

Obsidian's Panels have always been very interesting in the past, (when Streaming problems doesn't occur...).

Having them talk about Deadfire for an hour or so, is something I'm really looking for... & the 20-30min of Q&A with the audience.

Hopes & Dreams

• Like 1

Oh ok I was just wondering, thanks for clarifying.

Sedrefilos : The only Expo I can think of where they've shown some stuff was E3, but I don't know if that's the one that you're talking about.

There are some PAX Shows soon I believe, so maybe...

Sedrefilos : The only Expo I can think of where they've shown some stuff was E3, but I don't know if that's the one that you're talking about.

Yes that one, where Josh and Adam showed like 10 mins of the game and then we got clarification updates. I really think the best update's gonna be youtube videos of people playing the beta tbh :p

Yes that one, where Josh and Adam showed like 10 mins of the game and then we got clarification updates. I really think the best update's gonna be youtube videos of people playing the beta tbh :p

Definitely, there's a good chance the beta will happen soon enough, because the end of production is scheduled for

August (Adam's Interview with Kotaku, but he didn't mention if it ends in Early or Late August).

Then "Full Alpha", play-testing the Game internaly, then... it's our turn !!  :w00t:

Definitely, there's a good chance the beta will happen soon enough, because the end of production is scheduled for

August (Adam's Interview with Kotaku, but he didn't mention if it ends in Early or Late August).

Then "Full Alpha", play-testing the Game internaly, then... it's our turn !!  :w00t:

Could someone more familiar with game production cycle explain what "end of production mean?" I imagine they did not implement everything yet (companion quests, all areas etc.) does end of production mean that they have all basic mechanics with which they will build the game, or do they literally have it done and now it is th case of testing, cleaning and reworking stuff?

From what I have understood all this thime, production period is when everything is redied for beta stage. That means everything is finished from graphics, systems, writing etc and the game is ready to be played. From then on changes can happen but mostly in what is already been made up to now. For example they won't change the graphics engine at that moment nor the art style, nor the writing style etc and they won't implement stuff that want much work such as extra companions, change in the critical path etc. These usually come later (if necessary) with patches or "final game of the year high definition we're moving to the next project 'cause we've had enough with this game" edition etc.