Avoid Moving Cards in a Stack from your Unclaimed Tab

StormbringerGT

Question

There was an issue reported that could result in cards being removed from your unclaimed tab.

If you move a card from a stack (you have more than one copy) of cards in your unclaimed tab then the rest of that stack will be removed from your unclaimed tab.

To avoid this, please refrain from moving a card from a stack from your unclaimed tab until the next patch.

6 answers to this question

The card is in your wault, so no worry. It is not anymore in unclaimed tab. I personally keep zero cards in unclaimed tab because the unclaimed tab just irritate me personally some people like it so its is ok to have it in the game.

The tab is there just so that it is easier to get those cards, but it does not prevent you getting those if the cards Are not in there.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

The card is in your wault, so no worry. It is not anymore in unclaimed tab. I personally keep zero cards in unclaimed tab because the unclaimed tab just irritate me personally some people like it so its is ok to have it in the game.

The tab is there just so that it is easier to get those cards, but it does not prevent you getting those if the cards Are not in there.

I'm not sure you understand what's happening here.  If I have 6 copies of the card in the unclaimed tab, moving only one out can make the other 5 disappear.  This is NOT a visual bug; the cards are gone forever, not just as long as the deck-builder is open.  Subsequent viewings of the unclaimed tab show no trace of the 5 missing cards.  This has happened to me multiple times with many different cards... cards I effectively paid real world money for by purchasing chests.  

I'm not sure you understand what's happening here.  If I have 6 copies of the card in the unclaimed tab, moving only one out can make the other 5 disappear. [...] This has happened to me multiple times with many different cards... cards I effectively paid real world money for by purchasing chests.  

[Please bear with me, this turned into a longer-than-anticipated answer....]

To be honest, few really understand what's going on here, and it's slowly causing problems for players and the game as a whole.  The last few weeks of Steam reviews have been pretty ugly, specifically because of mixed perceptions on what Treasure Chests actually do.

When Treasure Chests started out, all they did was add new cards and dice to a players overall collection.  The more you opened, the more treasure cards were added to your collection (AKA "The Game Box"), and the greater the likelihood of randomly encountering them during play.  Simple enough.

However, a common complaint was "hey, I opened a bunch of Treasure Chests but when will I ever get to use them?!"   It was a reasonable concern.  In order to ensure the game played mostly similar to tabletop, the amount of treasure cards allowed in any given scenario was gated, and prevented the normal campaign cards from being flooded-out by your collection of boosters.  It keeps the game somewhat uniform, but as a side-effect, restricts the number of treasure cards seen in play.

So, starting with the PC release, we got the stash.  Because there it is a "buffer space" for cards that exist outside of "the box" or your character inventories, it gave the developers a way to address that issue.  Now, every time you open a Treasure Chest, copies are still added to your collection (increasing their odds of encounter during play), AND a courtesy copy gets dropped into your stash so you can immediately put it to use (instead of waiting to find it).

What started as a goodwill gesture to address a common player complaint, has now angered an entire other group of players who see the Treasure Chests as "loot crates" and the loss of those courtesy copies as a personal attack on whatever time or money they may have invested in the game.

Soooo..... back to the questions at hand.  Yes, you lost a few instances of a card you possess, but they are still in your overall collection and may be discovered again someday.  You have retained the same total quantity of treasure cards in your account, regardless of how many stash instances get lost or salvaged.

It is frustrating that bugs can eat cards from the unclaimed stash, but customer support should be able to reinsert them you've kept track of what disappeared.  Otherwise, maybe you'll just see them again later as you play through the game.

• Like 2

I hear what you're saying.  I personally never had a problem with how things worked before the introduction of the stash and the unclaimed tab... but then, when it was the way it used to be I didn't feel inclined to spend actual money on the chests.  (We also had quest mode, giving us other ways of getting gold of course)  Now that the purchase of chest actually gives you instant access to the cards contained therein, this bug really is completely inexcusable; it's literally taking items away that some people spent actual cash on. This happened to me quite a few times without me even noticing.  It also happened with cards I would have happily just sold off.  Some people might keep a thorough record of what they lost (making it easier for those items to be re-added) but I didn't, and to be fair I shouldn't have to.  If people are reviewing the game negatively because of this, those reviews are well deserved.  

While we're at it, you've also brought up another problem with how things currently work with regards to chests.  Since chest cards are added to your collection, the more chests you acquire, the more of certain cards you'll have in your collection.  We *used* to be able to prune our collections somewhat of unwanted cards by selling them off.  We no longer have that option.  So yes, we're more likely to see certain cards from chests appearing randomly as we play a scenario; but that's also decreasing the chances of coming across certain non-chest cards (at least some of which are quite sought after).  I can't check at the moment, since my game keeps crashing every time I reach the main menu since the new update, but if I could I'm sure I'd find a huge overabundance of cards I don't particularly want in my collection.  When I go a-farming, I get pretty sick of finding frost slingshots and slightly better versions of leather armor since my collections has so many of these I can't seem to purge.