I'm tossing the glove of challenge to Obsidian: make a unique music piece for each combat encounter in the game. And make it memorable enough, so when we are at the final battle, we still remeber the song played when we were fighting rats in the basement when we were level 1.

• Like 4

Will there be actual music in PoE2? PoE1 had no memorable music to speak of, just passive and boring background music, and the same music again and again for combat.

Sure, Because of the setting being more tropical this time around :

It's been said that there will be some Reggae tunes, a PNJ named "MC Selectah" will diffuse neat Riddims, where Edèr can actually drop some Impro Lyrics onto. All of this will happen dynamicaly while venturing around Neketaka, depending on what Riddim is played.

Update 40 will feature this new cool system, I personaly can't wait for Aloth's "Rap God Contest" in The Gullet.  :devil:

Edited by DexGames
  • Like 4

Don't worry they have confirmed Eternity 2 will have actual music in it.  Here is one that I have personally been assured will actually be in game.

Ah, a common mistake, that's not actual music, it's pseudo-music. It's close to music, sure, but it's not actual music.

• Like 7

Don't worry they have confirmed Eternity 2 will have actual music in it.  Here is one that I have personally been assured will actually be in game.

Ah, a common mistake, that's not actual music, it's pseudo-music. It's close to music, sure, but it's not actual music.

But... what is music? Why is Pillars soundtrack even written in archaic tonal system? What year is it, 1817? If Justin Bell won't expand his musical language with some microtones I will demand a refund! Such a sellout.

• Like 1

So, how do you define "music"?

Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum. Quid enim est aetas hominis, nisi ea memoria rerum veterum kum superiorum aetate contexitur? Marcus Tillius Cicero

Music is the food of love of course. Just don't ask me to define love

Lemme guess, we need a in there somewhere … ☺

Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum. Quid enim est aetas hominis, nisi ea memoria rerum veterum kum superiorum aetate contexitur? Marcus Tillius Cicero

But... what is music? Why is Pillars soundtrack even written in archaic tonal system? What year is it, 1817? If Justin Bell won't expand his musical language with some microtones I will demand a refund! Such a sellout.

You completely dropped the ball.  You should have said, "But.... what is love!?  Baby don't hurt me!  Baby don't hurt me. no more!"

• Like 4

You completely dropped the ball.  You should have said, "But.... what is love!?  Baby don't hurt me!  Baby don't hurt me. no more!"

Aren't music and love one and the same?

Let's turn this thread into a 90's eurodance one! I'm dead serious!

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 2

Aarik, I need Eder, Aloth, and Kana Rua's face photoshopped on to this one stat.

Here you go.

M6mlH29.gif

(BRB.  Gotta clean up desktop littered with "Untitled Project" and "Untitled Image" files.  I guess I'll just throw it all in an Untitled Folder and call it a day. :p  )

• Like 20