Unable to play DLC

szityu88

Question

Hello,

My problem is that I have deleted all my saves files prior to the boss fight at the end of Pillars of Eternity and this makes me unable to play the DLC that I have bought.

The problem is that after the final boss fight the game ends, credits roll and I'm I'm unable to play after this point. 

Unfortunately I was unaware that I can't leave the final dungeon once I enter it and without the save games that I have deleted (without knowing the impact of it) my only choices is killing the boss and ending the game.

Without your support the only way I could play the DLC is by starting a new game and playing it through countless hours until I reach a point (almost at the half of the campaign) where the DLC location/quest would become available.

Is there any way to restore the deleted save files? Can you offer me a solution please where I don't need to start playing the whole game again? Not that I don't like it, more so because I've grown attached to my character. 

(I rather not download a random save file rom the web because by doing so my main character wouldn't be my own neither the choice made during the game)

Thanks in advance,

Sz.

I'm using: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch)

2,7 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

My problem is that I have deleted all my saves files

[...]

Can you offer me a solution please where I don't need to start playing the whole game again? Not that I don't like it, more so because I've grown attached to my character.

And then you still haven't kept a single savegame? Not even for PoE 2? Really odd.

The final autosave made at the point of no return would be much too late, because PLAYER can unlock the expansion areas around level 4-5, and most players visit the first area around level 6-8.

Anyway, Pillars of Eternity replayability factor is great enough to simply restart, benefit from any personal experience you've gained in your first playthrough, and start the expansion as early as possible.

My problem is that I have deleted all my saves files prior to the boss fight at the end of Pillars of Eternity

but-why.gif

Without your support the only way I could play the DLC is by starting a new game and playing it through countless hours until I reach a point (almost at the half of the campaign) where the DLC location/quest would become available.

It's not that bad. As Belfaldurnik mentioned, PoE has great replay-ability.

Is there any way to restore the deleted save files? Can you offer me a solution please where I don't need to start playing the whole game again? Not that I don't like it, more so because I've grown attached to my character.

Try to restore deleted save files via some recover app (example). And pray that the saves are not corrupted.