Final debate with Eyeless (Spoilers)

So, it's the second time I face the Eyeless (and by proxy, Abydon), in an argument. Last time, I could only win one of the debate threads. This time, I managed it with two. The one about some knowledge being best forgotten, and about history being a burden. But I don't have many options in the one with memories not always being a boon. Has anyone managed to convince them on that front? Maybe reloading and bringing Maneha to the final battle might help me. I convinced her to rid herself of the memory of her past life.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/92463-wm2-tempering-the-eyeless-have-abydon-forget-options/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91825-tempering-abydon-and-wm2-endings-spoilers/

And if all else fails:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/90887-quick-tutorial-how-to-change-the-wm2-ending/

Basically, it all depends on your previous WM decisions, which NPCs you brought with you in that Kraken fight and how you handled those NPCs' personal quests.

Edited by scythesong

I know, yes. What I'm specifically wondering about is the third argument line, about memories. I don't really have any options there. Nothing I've done previously seems to relate to that; just the MC's status as a Watcher. So bringing Maneha there might not be enough.

Then again, when I make my argument, the Eyeless seem somewhat convinced, but then I have no follow-up. Having Maneha there might let me push through. I'll give it a shot.

Edited by MortyTheGobbo

I think the memory one depends on how you handle the personal quests of the WM NPCs, since all of them have some sort of problem with their past even after all the change they've gone through, though I wouldn't be surprised if other NPCs like Eder or maybe GM decide to pipe in.

BTW, the entire conversation with the eyeless (including potential dialogue options) can be found in your "\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data_expansion2\localized\en\text\conversations\px2_04_eyeless_stronghold" folder. You just need a text viewer like Notepad.

You might be able to figure out your options based on context.

Edited by scythesong

I had Eder, Pallegina, Aloth, Sagani and Durance with me this time around, and none of them had any input. Last time, I had Zahua with me, but he said he's proud to carry the memory of the Tacan with him, and thus undermined my point.

I advised Maneha to let go of the memory, so that should work in my favour. I didn't let the Devil kill her quarry, and I've got no clue how that might work out here.

The text file will be useful, though. Thanks. According to this, Devil's quest is relevant to the argument about history, where I was able to win without any input from companions.

Edited by MortyTheGobbo