I've looked and looked but have found nothing that gives a key to the card border colors and decorations.  I'm assuming they have to do with the rarity of the card.  I've noticed:

pink (no frills)
light blue (sort of fancy)
violet (fancy)
gold (pretty fancy)

grey (pretty fancy too) - scenario reward

Can anyone help me out here, or point me in the right direction?

I've looked and looked but have found nothing that gives a key to the card border colors and decorations.  I'm assuming they have to do with the rarity of the card.  I've noticed:

pink (no frills)

light blue (sort of fancy)

violet (fancy)

gold (pretty fancy)

grey (pretty fancy too) - scenario reward

Can anyone help me out here, or point me in the right direction?

You list the cards in increasing rarity when found in treasure chests.

The copper border represents the Uncommon cards and these are generally ported-in cards from the Class Decks of the Pathfinder Guild. Some exceptions can be found (Fortified Leather Armor and two others, I think)

The blue bordered cards are Rare cards. Generally very good boons :)

The pink / violet (I am a guy, so no definite colour discernment :) ) are so-called Epic cards, which are much rarer, but sometimes very interesting. "Favor of <insert_god_name>" are my favourite ones.

The fancy gold border signifies extremely rare Legendary cards. Hard to get and usually very strong. Apart from Elemental Body (which I opened 2× + one as a bonus), I have only very few of these.

The fancy border without any significant colour (I think of it as gray) represents cards that you obtain as a reward for completing one whole adventure (3-5 scenarios) on Legendary difficulty. One exception (in the Android version, at least) is Guide to the Beyond, which incorrectly has the purple border (Epic).

There was some talk about limits of numbers of specific cards that you can own. That is, e.g. no more than X Elemental Body cards in your Vault (for me, it shows 2 instead of the 3 I received / opened). It is higher for less rare cards, as I have 5-6 of one uncommon card (don't know which) and I think 5 rare Shortbows +1.

• Like 1

Here's a quick cut-n-paste job to help illustrate the different types of card filagree.

zDQHgBg.png

There was some talk about limits of numbers of specific cards that you can own.

I think the rules on the max number of treasure cards have been temporarily relaxed.  Your card collection will only catch the eye of Sauron if you have like 30+ of a specific card.

Edited by Ethics Gradient

There was some talk about limits of numbers of specific cards that you can own.

I think the rules on the max number of treasure cards have been temporarily relaxed.  Your card collection will only catch the eye of Sauron if you have like 30+ of a specific card.

I suspected as much. On second look, I have 5 Incanters and 5 Improved Aids (rare) at the moment, so this confirms your statement. And thank you for adding the promos, I forgot them, partly because I have only 1 card of that type (Rooster) and cannot remember how I obtained it at all. :-)