Obsidian Edition Upgrade DLC issue

Aardwolf

Question

I own the game via Steam: I bought the standard edition on 6/23/17 and grabbed the free Epic and Legendary Cards DLC the same day; then bought the Character Alts DLC on 6/28/17.

My PFID is 503223B17A56DD99.

My problem is that I purchased the Obsidian Edition Upgrade DLC last Friday (7/28/17), and even though Steam says that it's both in my library and installed, I don't think the upgrade has actually been applied:  my collection still reads 1261/1318 cards like before; and I haven't gotten any runes, charms, or extra gold.

9 answers to this question

my collection still reads 1261/1318 cards like before; and I haven't gotten any runes, charms, or extra gold.

I can't comment on the other problems, but 1261/1318 is pretty much the standard "full" set of cards.  If you had positively everything, including the cards you can purchase in the in-app-store and a handful of special promos that pre-date the steam launch, the most you could possibly have is about 1270.

The 1318 number has always been a little off.  It includes a bunch of unreleased cards that the app knows about, but aren't officially part of the game yet.

my collection still reads 1261/1318 cards like before; and I haven't gotten any runes, charms, or extra gold.

I can't comment on the other problems, but 1261/1318 is pretty much the standard "full" set of cards.  If you had positively everything, including the cards you can purchase in the in-app-store and a handful of special promos that pre-date the steam launch, the most you could possibly have is about 1270.

The 1318 number has always been a little off.  It includes a bunch of unreleased cards that the app knows about, but aren't officially part of the game yet.

That's interesting to know about the 1318 figure; thanks for that.

Still, the Obsidian Edition is supposed to include Eder, Pallegina, and Goblin Golem of Obsidian, all of which aren't included in the Epic/Legendary DLC.  Unfortunately, I don't have those three in my collection, unclaimed tab, or showing anywhere in the store.

There are also three "Legendary Items" mentioned separately from the batch of treasure cards that the previous DLC unlocked, though I'm not sure whether that's some sort of error in the Obsidian Edition description.

I have also purchased the Upgrade to Obsidian dlc and though Steam tells me it is installed, I can find no sign of it in game. No runes, charms, gold, etc. And when I go to create a new party all of the alternate equipment sets are still locked. 

PFID is #A13C41A5DDF6ABB8

Edited by Clegane

After two days of waiting with posts on this forum, on Steam's forums, and sending emails to Obsidian support, I still have absolutely zero access to any of the features that I paid for with the Upgrade to Obsidian dlc. No runes, no charms, no extra cards, no extra gold, no alternate character equipment sets, nothing.  I finally got fed up and requested a refund from Steam. Very disappointed as I had no complaints about the base game (which I have played since Steam release) at all. First time I have ever asked for a refund from Steam after more than a decade on that platform and more than 400 games in my library. 

Aardwolf, if your issue gets resolved before you get fed up and ask for a refund as well, please post here. I may re-purchase the Upgrade if they can be bothered to fix this regrettable problem. 

Edited by Clegane

Hi everyone, the current issue is fixed. It seems there was an error with the DLC on steam's end. No repurchase is necessary, everyone who currently has the update DLC should get the goods.

Thanks for looking into it. I will have to repurchase, since I requested a refund from Steam for the dlc. Their window on allowing refunds is so short that it's tough to wait very long for developer tech support sometimes with that clock ticking.  In any event, glad to hear the issue is sorted. 

Edited by Clegane

I can confirm that my upgrade seems to have stuck now: I checked a little while ago, and I now have the gold, runes, and charms; plus a copy each of Eder, Pallegina, and the Golem in my unclaimed tab.

Thank you to the staff for sorting out the issues with Steam.

The only remaining thing that puzzles me is my collection now reads 1263/1318, which suggests I have two new cards in it.  I know that one is the Golem, but I can't figure out the other.  It isn't Eder or Pallegina, though, that I can see.  Are those two not encounterable in-game, or is there a small glitch remaining with my collection?