Ranger companion request : Dog

I kinda wanna see more variation in pets, too.

- Polar variants of the Wolf and Bear for Pale Elves and other characters from the arctic regions.

- Semi-Aquatic pets like a Turtle or Crocodile for coastal/island Aumaua and other characters not hailing from any mainland region.

Edited by Pallegina's Panties
  • Like 7

Not to utterly shoot down the suggestion, but wolves are already available as companions and dogs are just highly domesticated (and altered) wolves.

So re-skinning would be sufficient. Seems like a good thing.

Take the model of the black hound, beef up the size a bit and there you have it. It probably doesn't have an attack animation though. I actually did a solo playthrough with a fighter character who had the black hound as a non-combat pet. Lonely man of war and his trusty dog. Was great from roleplay perspective.

If it's possible to reskin it that is.

Also, something I had forgotten earlier, Josh Sawyer himself has said that there won't be any new player-accessible ranger pets (or druid shapeshifts).

That's immensely disappointing considering the shift in location....

I want my goddamn tank Turtle pet, damn it...! >_>

I kinda wanna see more variation in pets, too.

- Polar variants of the Wolf and Bear for Pale Elves and other characters from the arctic regions.

- Semi-Aquatic pets like a Turtle or Crocodile for coastal/island Aumaua and other characters not hailing from any mainland region.

Yes please to a Crocodile. It could have single target death roll, and a sweep attack with it's tail.

Personally my character will be princess leia in her middle years, where she is clearly a ranger, and her animal companion is an ewok.

On a serious note, I agree, a big mastiff or other hunting dog would be a cool pet/companion.  Also didn't sawyer just post a pic of Sarafen with like a billion dogs in it?

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

It is 1:20 Pm EST on Monday the 31st of July and still no word on whether Dogs will be included as ranger companions. Will check this week periodicity before escalating the request to a fervent campaign. 

An African wild dog would make a very handsome companion. They're distantly related to domesticated dogs, but are wild pack hunters like wolves and very fast on their feet.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It is 1:20 Pm EST on Monday the 31st of July and still no word on whether Dogs will be included as ranger companions. Will check this week periodicity before escalating the request to a fervent campaign. 

You could ask on Josh Sawyer's tumblr blog, no guarantee that he will answer and I'm not sure how long you'd have to wait. He does answer several per week though.

Cat man here myself.  Felt limited by the lion, wanted something like a cougar or lynx (if a fox is good enough then so is a lynx!).  Something smaller but still wild.  Plus, cats are cool.

• Like 8

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I always like when fictional universes have either hybrids of earth animals or some earth creature with slight but fantastical adjustments. But it keeps them feeling familiar and grounded. I'd love more of that. The stelgaers are maybe a step away from realizing such a thing.

• Like 1

I always like when fictional universes have either hybrids of earth animals or some earth creature with slight but fantastical adjustments. But it keeps them feeling familiar and grounded. I'd love more of that. The stelgaers are maybe a step away from realizing such a thing.

How cool would it be to have a chimera or manticore as an animal companion? :D

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Dear Development Team:

Would you kindly please add a dog to the possible list of Ranger companions? 

Thank You

I like majectic animals like bengal, white tigers and african lions!. And to complete the list, sabretooth! :D

Also i would love that the pets actually make some roar when attacking. Well it can be tuned up to the point that it happen 1/20 so that it wont be annoying!

Edited by Archaven
  • Like 2