about gaining disposition

I am a bit confused and need your help. I have a Bleak Walker, level 5 who has 3 points in Aggressive and 1 in Cruel disposition.

I do not want to play with the option that states which disposition each dialog gives, but I do use common sense to gain more points in the above dispositions.

However, even if I clearly pick dialog options which are Aggressive, the number seems stuck at 3. I mean if punching an aristocrat is not Aggressive, then what is it?

Or maybe you have to pick dialog options correctly several times to make the disposition go up by one point?

You do need to consistently pick a given option for it to go up, yes. There's a hidden counter for it, and different dialogue options increase it by various amounts. You need 25 of those points to reach level 1, and 50 to reach level 2. Here are the numbers on it.

Edited by MortyTheGobbo

Bleak Walker is pretty clear-cut: avoid the cuddly and friendly options and you'd be fine. The "evil" and "good" dialogue choices are pretty clear-cut. Things like Rational, Honest and Passionate on the other hand... you'll have a hard time eventually picking these up. I've played with the show option enabled and these things are literally everywhere. Won't interfere with your Bleak Walker though, as mentioned, so no biggie.

EDIT: On a second thought, while Benevolent is pretty easy to avoid, Diplomatic is kinda iffy. Quite a few times I've been surprised that an option counted as Diplomatic when I would've thought otherwise.

Edited by Pallegina's Panties

You do need to consistently pick a given option for it to go up, yes. There's a hidden counter for it, and different dialogue options increase it by various amounts. You need 25 of those points to reach level 1, and 50 to reach level 2. Here are the numbers on it.

Yeah, this basically. The earlier levels are quick, but then it slows down.