Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Multi-classing - hopes, dreams, wild speculation

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2452 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

My only real objection to limitations on companion multiclassing is that there is at least one, in character, multiclass that I want to do that is probably not going to be available i.e. I'd love to make Eder a Fighter/Priest of Eothas. If he goes the Night Market route in Pillars then this is very fitting for his story, but it looks like he'll be restricted to Fighter/Rogue currently.

• MaxQuest likes this

Terminator

Terminator

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 53 posts

I don't care one bit if multiclassing companions is not available much as it should be for balance reasons.

I tested Pillars of Eternity. Sigh I need to remind me of this system which is different sigh from Dungeons Dragons 3.5 and the worst 4th edition is most close to it.

Fighter taking one level is beneficial to get that Endurance regeneration.

Here is my experience with Pillars of Eternity my level 2 Ranger get slaughtered by a wolf pack guarding a corpse up. The one with one BIG Wolf not only young wolves.

I tested to create a Fighter took Pale Elves race since they get elemental fire and cold resistance so no benefits vs wolves from the race.

My Fighter level 2 not that it was very easy still slaughtered that Wolf Pack on Hard Challenge level which my Ranger level 2 failed with.

Edited by Terminator, 22 January 2018 - 05:16 AM.

wanderon

wanderon

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1194 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Just a few ideas off the top of my head;

1) The Napalmdin: Darcozzi Paladin/Unbroken Fighter Crusader

Frontline tank, strides up to the enemy and uses Unbroken's bonus Engagements to take on as many as she can, and then procs FoD and Fires of Darcozzi Palace. Fight her directly? Every time you touch her, you BURN. Try to get around her? Unbroken's bonus to Disengagement plus Overbearing Guard means she knocks you Prone, and pulls you right back Into The Fray anyway. And that's why she's the Napalmdin; she sticks to you like glue, and you BURN, BURN, BURN.

2) The Gunslinger: Island Aumaua Sharpshooter Ranger/Black Jacket Fighter Hunter

Your standard Arms Bearer/Quick Switch Island Aumaua gun Ranger, now enhanced by the Black Jacket's reduced Recovery upon weapon switching, and bonus weapon proficiency means he can use a wider variety of firearms in his arsenal. Plus no Constant Recovery is no big deal; he's staying in the back and blasting targets in the face anyway.

3) The One Man Army: Berserker Barbarian/Streetfighter Rogue Marauder

Your standard OSA/Vengeful Defeat/HoF Bombarian, now even deadlier when Flanked or Bloodied. A fire-and-forget WMD you send first into the enemy ranks and trust to do his job, letting you save your focus for micro-ing the backline. Despite the name, he works best with teammates providing buffs and CC, but either way he's the only melee DPS you're ever going to need.

4) The Batman Wizard: Conjurer Wizard/Trickster Rogue Spellblade

Get around the Conjurer's ban on Illusion spells, with the Trickster's access to them! A weaker Sneak Attack is no big deal; she's there to cast spells, not to stab someone. That just leaves Evocation, but who cares about those when you have the right tool for every situation?

5) The Weather Witch: Priestess of Eothas/Fury Druid Universalist

Mild-mannered staff chick at first glance, but you won't like her when she's angry. Because when she does, that means Minor Avatar + Relentless Storm + Storm Blight Spiritshift. And with the Eothas Priestess's access to extra Druid Elemental spells, plus the Fury's bonus with same, she can call down the thunder all day long. Hope you don't have anything valuable in the general vicinity.

Tried this yesterday thinking the same thing - but the Trcksters illusion spells are disabled (apparently by the conjurers ban)  ;(

CottonWolf

CottonWolf

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Just a few ideas off the top of my head;

1) The Napalmdin: Darcozzi Paladin/Unbroken Fighter Crusader

Frontline tank, strides up to the enemy and uses Unbroken's bonus Engagements to take on as many as she can, and then procs FoD and Fires of Darcozzi Palace. Fight her directly? Every time you touch her, you BURN. Try to get around her? Unbroken's bonus to Disengagement plus Overbearing Guard means she knocks you Prone, and pulls you right back Into The Fray anyway. And that's why she's the Napalmdin; she sticks to you like glue, and you BURN, BURN, BURN.

2) The Gunslinger: Island Aumaua Sharpshooter Ranger/Black Jacket Fighter Hunter

Your standard Arms Bearer/Quick Switch Island Aumaua gun Ranger, now enhanced by the Black Jacket's reduced Recovery upon weapon switching, and bonus weapon proficiency means he can use a wider variety of firearms in his arsenal. Plus no Constant Recovery is no big deal; he's staying in the back and blasting targets in the face anyway.

3) The One Man Army: Berserker Barbarian/Streetfighter Rogue Marauder

Your standard OSA/Vengeful Defeat/HoF Bombarian, now even deadlier when Flanked or Bloodied. A fire-and-forget WMD you send first into the enemy ranks and trust to do his job, letting you save your focus for micro-ing the backline. Despite the name, he works best with teammates providing buffs and CC, but either way he's the only melee DPS you're ever going to need.

4) The Batman Wizard: Conjurer Wizard/Trickster Rogue Spellblade

Get around the Conjurer's ban on Illusion spells, with the Trickster's access to them! A weaker Sneak Attack is no big deal; she's there to cast spells, not to stab someone. That just leaves Evocation, but who cares about those when you have the right tool for every situation?

5) The Weather Witch: Priestess of Eothas/Fury Druid Universalist

Mild-mannered staff chick at first glance, but you won't like her when she's angry. Because when she does, that means Minor Avatar + Relentless Storm + Storm Blight Spiritshift. And with the Eothas Priestess's access to extra Druid Elemental spells, plus the Fury's bonus with same, she can call down the thunder all day long. Hope you don't have anything valuable in the general vicinity.

Tried this yesterday thinking the same thing - but the Trcksters illusion spells are disabled (apparently by the conjurers ban)  ;(

I think that's a bug? Try posting it in the backer beta bugs forum.

rothamon81

rothamon81

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well, anyone found a good way to multiclass with a wizard? And I mean for the spellcasting aspect, not the conventional damage one. It seems anyway you do it you lose more than you get. There are so many synergies for conventional damage classes that you'd be stupid not to multiclass, but alas nothing for a classic old mage.

theBalthazar

theBalthazar

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I hope a new class in extension (like White march part I and II but for Pillars 2)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users