Disciplined Barrage troubles

I have given Eder Disciplined Barrage, but often when I press that button it stops working and shows as available again.

Sometimes the icon appears on his portrait, sometimes not. Can you combine it with Knock Down, or another attack, or do you have to wait until the icon on his portrait disappears? I can't understand the logic around its usage.

Sure you can combine it. It's an instant cast, so once you are free to take an action (recovery phase is over) it immediately starts and you can do something else without recovery phase.

It's best to use it right away when combat starts. It will last for quite a while and will give all your attacks +20 accuracy, including your Knockdowns.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Don't press it then insta-press Knockdown. You need to wait a second or two for it to engage. Insta cast doesn't mean instant combat result. Any slowdown by your PC can make it seem like it doesn't always engage....

I had the same problems at first. My PC is 5 yrs old now. That's like 90 in PC years.

Edited by Blades of Vanatar

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Yes, it has to be applied before you can use some other ability else. Auto attacks are fine. The game gets hickups otherwise. It's the same with all instant casts. For example Savage Defiance (barb) has the same problem. Press it, then do an autoattack or wait (Disc. Barr. will be applied), then use Knockdown or Charge or whatever active ability you have.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods