Android Power Usage

TexBrit

Question

I have purchased the full game pack for Android and really enjoying the game. It replicates the card game well and is fun to do "on the go".

I find the game "eats" my batter big time.

Does anyone else notice this? Ideas how how to conserve battery while playing? I turn off as many things (bluetooth, carrier, wifi, ...) but that just makes a little bnit of difference.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

I have purchased the full game pack for Android and really enjoying the game. It replicates the card game well and is fun to do "on the go".

I find the game "eats" my batter big time.

Does anyone else notice this? Ideas how how to conserve battery while playing? I turn off as many things (bluetooth, carrier, wifi, ...) but that just makes a little bnit of difference.

Thanks!

Having the same issue. Even turning off some special effects and reducing brightness doesn't help. If I recall well the game was initially developed for tablet and only came out for phones a bit later.

Definitely seeing a lot of this. I play mostly on an android-compatible touch screen chromebook.

The app runs perfectly, but the laptop gets red hot very quickly.

When the battery gets low it crashes. When I boot back up again, whatever party I was using will be corrupted, and must be wiped.

Characters and progress are always saved, though. 

The app is a bit power hungry on all platforms.  There isn't much you can do other than turning off those extra effects in the Options screen.  I'm not going to say that every Unity 3d games has similar problems, but when you have a bunch of assets, effects, and 3d bits, the behavior is pretty typical.

When the battery gets low it crashes. When I boot back up again, whatever party I was using will be corrupted, and must be wiped.

Characters and progress are always saved, though. 

Fortunately, the way the app handles character and parties is separate.  A problem with one doesn't necessarily impact the other.

When you start a scenario, what essentially happens is that the game "checks out" a copy of those characters from your roster.  It is only when you successfully complete/forfeit a scenario that the game "checks a character back in" with their updated info.  If something goes screwy mid-game and the party save corrupts, the "pre-scenario" copies of those characters are still in your roster.  

That is why it is generally somewhat safe to delete a party save when it dies.  The individual characters "remember" how far they were in the game before whatever glitch may have destroyed the party save.