New/Customizable Lightsaber Hilts (and more)

I know most wouldn't care for the hilts, but i would like to suggest you to implent some way to customize the lightsaber's hilt, or at least (and i know it's possible :unsure: ), i would ask of you to add some new lightsaber hilts.

Quite frankly, the original lightsabers are very boring and non-stylish.

Jedi Academy did a good job about the saber customization, altough the games will work quite diferently, they did a step in the right direction.

Also would like to recommend you to add some way to customize item colors (since most of your items will be already crafted by yourself), in some way similar to Guild Wars (i've had the oportunity to play the game on E3 For Everyone! and liked the Vials of Dye).

So you can have that black armor or white robes you've always wanted B) .

K that's it for now, keep up the good work people!

Cyaz.

"Be mindful of the currents of the living Force; to do one's duty is not always to do right. Concern yourself with the right action. Let duty take care of itself."

-Qui-Gon's voice to Anakin Skywalker

"

Quite frankly, the original lightsabers are very boring and non-stylish.

a curved one like that of dooku (god, i hate that name- why don't they give him pointy ears and vampire teeth and get it over with)

...uh, yeah- curved would be good.

or maybe someone with a long lightsaber (hilt longer than normal).

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

I wonder into what extent that would be (changing your hilt). Will it be a list of already implemented model to choose from, or something even more creative?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I wonder into what extent that would be (changing your hilt). Will it be a list of already implemented model to choose from, or something even more creative?

If the customization is functional (benefits etc) as well as aesthetic, it could be interesting. Maybe modding the hilt as you get more parts etc brings/changes benefits as well as looks.

For example, maybe extra length enables better two-handed strokes = more strength modifier.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I would rather have them focus on adding visual effects for different light saber crystals.

Yeah like Crystal Bondar??? was supposed to discharge particles to deliver more damage. that would of been very cool to see. even if it's too hard to make hilts customizable i would at least like to see more of a variety. Personally I always chose the short sabers because they looked better. either way i only hope that after combat is over your character actually puts away his/her weapon. running through the streets or casually talking to folks with vibroblades and blasters in hand always looked funny to me.

If different Lightsaber hilts go in the game, I want a baseball cap for my protagonist. It's about the same level of stupid funtionality.

It was a meaningless feature of Jedi Academy. Different colors I understand. But hilts? You'd see a difference in 3-4 pixels at most.

"I cannot roleplay this guy! That lightsaber hilt is too <insert adjective here> :/"

Now helmets on the other hand..

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Guest Exar Kun
If different Lightsaber hilts go in the game, I want a baseball cap for my protagonist. It's about the same level of stupid funtionality.

It was a meaningless feature of Jedi Academy. Different colors I understand. But hilts? You'd see a difference in 3-4 pixels at most.

While Jurgenaut has a good point about the customizable hilts really having no purpose and players not really noticeing much of a difference...it would still be nice to see more originality from your lightsaber than just a plain silver tube. The movies have kinda taught us that lightsaber hilts are like snowflakes...the look and feel of the lightsabers are specifically designed by their users and the hilts in KOTOR should reflect the same feature and feel.

Guest Dante Qel-Droma

I would also like to see more of a variety with lightsaber hilts this time around as well. Although it wouldn't do that much or change any of the gameplay, it would be a nice extra option. The first KOTOR's lightsabers were indeed kind of boring. They all looked alike and I doubt the lightsabers all looked alike even way back then. A variety of new lightsaber hilts, which has supposedly been promised is a step up above the original already.

The ability to only turn on one side of a saberstaff would be nice as well.

he's right. i'd like to change from 2weapon to one-weapon modus.

on the other hand... i can just pause the game, grab the other saber and assume that i've just switched it off....

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

I would only be interested in different styles of blade wielding if they reflected actual changes in combat technique - something similar to the Legend of the Five Rings RPG. I doubt they'll be able to implement that in The Sith Lords, however.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, having custom hilts would be great. Its the only thing i have really been modding in KOTOR 1, you cannot add completly new models "yet" butyou can retexture the models in game and change saber colors. Its actually really easy to do once you get the hang of it.

It sucked walking around with a saber hilt that looked like everyone else's. And since they are supposed to be different when we create them it only makes sense. Its not hard to add a few different models or textures for the same one. By textures i mean just changing the colors. I love the flexability in Academy. I have some very unique looking hilts and YOU DO notice in game.

Now on to colors :lol: Different colors are not important to me and lets face it the colors available in KOTOR were fine. Some minor changes in color formats would be nice but the only colors that really fit into the Star Wars theme are the bright neonish ones we have. Black and white dont really fit to me. Well white is used for the core of most but they seem rather bland options. I really liked the gold (heart of the guardian) but didnt care much for the lighter blue (mantle of the force). These were fairly subtile changes and were a great addition. Either way tho i dont really care since we get a choice, i can always pick what i want which is mainly just the red anyways :p. The gold was nice because it was pretty much red with a slightly different look.

I really like not looking like every other sith in the galaxy, I was all power right? Why not look the part with a unique saber (hilt) :p

Being able to have different lightsaber hiltswould be a great and not so hard ( i think ) improvement to put in the game. Since it will focus on the possibilities and implications of your choices , it is only logical that we can select or build our own lightsaber different from all the other in order to reflect our training and personality like in all of the starwars universe.

There are no similar hilts in starwars only the ones given to jedi studdents before they build theyr own lightsaber are similar. It would make the game look and feel a lot more believable in the starwars unniverse.