What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

video edited to reduce clutter

am surprising optimistic.  the netflix marvel shows has final unburdened themselves o' the silly big hole... hole. woulda' been much better off if defenders did a mcguffin take on the hand machinations, 'cause we knew the thing were gonna fall apart once they started trying to explain the black sky and ny's biggest p(l)ot hole and the other nonsense.  like bad anime. 

the metallica were a bit distracting if only 'cause our old guy snobbery kicked into gear.  "and justice for all wasn't a terrible album" we says to our self, "but metallica's last great releases were ride the lightning and master of puppets."

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Currently watching Babylon on Netflix.

A cop show set in London based around the Head of PR for the cops, the beat cops, armed response units and the top cop trying to avoid the political fallout from the council.

https://youtu.be/fwh090tct6I

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3138900/

Great characters, cracking dialogue.

Edited by Fiach

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

How do you feel about interpretive dance?

I liked it but I like most things. It's a somewhat divisive show where most people I know either loved it or hated it and most of those that loved it thought that the people that hated just didn't get it... so maybe a little pretentious. 

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

How do you feel about interpretive dance?

I liked it but I like most things. It's a somewhat divisive show where most people I know either loved it or hated it and most of those that loved it thought that the people that hated just didn't get it... so maybe a little pretentious.

Ok, interpretive dance....yeah I guess I'll pass on that, cheers! :)

Ken Burns' new PBS film, The Vietnam War. Thought I knew a lot about the period, but in truth it was a fraction. Compelling, varied perspective is the theme; music scored in part by Trent Reznor.

Ah almost linked this without checking, heh.

http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-vietnam-war/watch/

Have something to do instead of working today

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

complete forgot our local cbs station is one hour early for their national scheduled programming, so 8:00pm shows start at 7:00pm.  saw pilot star trek from the 30 minute mark and were a bit perplexed... particular as we avoided any kinda information 'bout the show pre-release. all we got so far is the main character is the worst first officer... ever.  oh, and apparently the star trek: discovery klingons is fanatics (religious) with extreme extravigant makeup and costuming choices. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My third favorite baseball writer wrote about Star Trek: Discovery.

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2017/9/25/16360856/star-trek-discovery-review-cbs-alex-kurtzman-sonequa-martin-green

I agree; it's really good. Better than Voyager and Enteprise. More serialized and action-packed than previous Treks --and not so idealistic. Different.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I had a weird timing issue too. ST:D was listed from 7-8 but when I turned it on it was still playing a different TV show. I figured one of the football games ran long but I have to remember to start recording it.

Aren't all future episodes on their streaming service?

Free games updated 3/4/21

So, right, Discovery.

Not sure where to put it yet. It was better than what I expected (then again I expected Into Darkness levels of bad) - except for the Klingons. And there I thought Into Darkness' Blingons were terrible.

So, a few observations:

• Trek can be good with wartime stories as we saw in Deep Space 9. Of that there was little in the two episodes so far, but it's too early to tell at any rate.
  • The Klingons suck. Everything about them sucks. Their ships, their clothes, even their way of talking. What the hell?
  • I get why the new Klingons are essentially religious fanatics as enemies for the Federation. The Klingons of old were Soviet stand-ins, now it's holy war. That might actually not be so bad... if this weren't...
  • ...a prequel. Seriously, the Soviets turned into religious fanatics?
  • Anyone remember the TNG episode where some Klingon religious weirdos cloned Khaless and the Empire's reaction to it was initially "burn it with fire" and Worf convinced them to use the clone for political means?
  • God I hate prequels.
  • So fancy hologram communication on pre-Kirk old Starfleet ships?
  • It's a prequel.
  • Let's make up Kelpiens, why not. Enterprise made up crap all the time.
  • Vulcan subspace telepathy...
  • Did I mention that prequels suck?
  • Gromnir has it right, Rihanna is the worst first officer ever (I know it's not Rihanna).

Looking forward to see Captain Malfoy in action. Gonna be interesting to see how much that weird me out. ;)

In terms of rating I'd put it above Broken Bow but below every other Star Trek pilot so far. *sigh*

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Its because CBS is launching their own streaming service, and they want to encourage sign-ups for that service by grabbing the one group that has always been expected to follow their show where-ever it goes: Star Trek fans.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So, right, Discovery.

Not sure where to put it yet. It was better than what I expected

Yeah I agree with basically all your points - the 'I see there's a new star' moment, made me a little skeptical of their ability to write proper 'soft' science fiction, does light travel at warp speeds now?

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

So, right, Discovery.

Not sure where to put it yet. It was better than what I expected (then again I expected Into Darkness levels of bad) - except for the Klingons. And there I thought Into Darkness' Blingons were terrible.

So, a few observations:

• Trek can be good with wartime stories as we saw in Deep Space 9. Of that there was little in the two episodes so far, but it's too early to tell at any rate.
  • The Klingons suck. Everything about them sucks. Their ships, their clothes, even their way of talking. What the hell?
  • I get why the new Klingons are essentially religious fanatics as enemies for the Federation. The Klingons of old were Soviet stand-ins, now it's holy war. That might actually not be so bad... if this weren't...
  • ...a prequel. Seriously, the Soviets turned into religious fanatics?
  • Anyone remember the TNG episode where some Klingon religious weirdos cloned Khaless and the Empire's reaction to it was initially "burn it with fire" and Worf convinced them to use the clone for political means?
  • God I hate prequels.
  • So fancy hologram communication on pre-Kirk old Starfleet ships?
  • It's a prequel.
  • Let's make up Kelpiens, why not. Enterprise made up crap all the time.
  • Vulcan subspace telepathy...
  • Did I mention that prequels suck?
  • Gromnir has it right, Rihanna is the worst first officer ever (I know it's not Rihanna).
Looking forward to see Captain Malfoy in action. Gonna be interesting to see how much that weird me out. ;)

In terms of rating I'd put it above Broken Bow but below every other Star Trek pilot so far. *sigh*

Thanks for the insights, I was looking forward to this, but now, not so much, cheers! :)

I don't get why nobody seems to write about P.K. **** tv show Electric Dreams. I've just watched the first two episodes and it was really good. Shouldn't there be like... way more talk about it on the internet?

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."