What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

Is it a different version? Iirc they were tiny vignettes?

The original set up was about 12 10 minute vignettes that all pretty much ran one running story.  Season 2 was again, about 12 episodes around 10 minutes long. No idea how SyFy is setting it up. I'm assuming they might show a batch of them together running back to back.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Binged Bojack Horseman season 4. Not as strong as season 3 was but it picked up momentum in the second half of the season. Still wish this would be animated better but eh, it's not like it's going to change.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

With a whole lot of cameos from the sci-fi set, along with in-jokes about the type of people who work conventions.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I watched the last episode of the new season of Twin Peaks, firstly after about episode 5 I started enjoying the season despite initial criticism I had but I still think it has to have the most confusing and incoherent plot I have ever seen in any series I have ever watched

I only understand about 45 % of the overall narrative, does anyone on this forum understand what the overall story is about, for example these are the types of questions I have

• What was the purpose of the " evil Cooper ", I assume he was in fact that evil entity they mentioned  called June or similar?
  • How can Laura Palmer be alive if she was killed in season 1
  • What is that weird dimension some of the characters keep going to
  • Why did the " good cooper " become Duggie....or was he 
  • Who was that murderous hobo who killed the guy in the car

Anyway I did enjoy the season but why make the story so difficult to follow?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I might look into Twin Peak, assuming it's available on one of the streaming services I already have.

Been watching Rectify. Compelling, well done, and brilliantly conceived. Great show that's depressing as all hell. Gotta take it in small doses.

Give TP 2 are watch because I want to see if someone else understands whats going on, no one I know in SA  has watched it so I have no one to ask questions to

I know I can find the plot on the Internet and what its all about but thats just the easy way to pretend I understood the narrative  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tor - First look at Crowley and Aziraphale in BBC's Good Omens miniseries adaption

good-omens-first-look1.jpg?fit=740%2C739

Adria Arjona–of recent Emerald City fame–will be playing Anathema Device and Jack Whitehall (Fresh Meat) is Newt Pulsifer. Ned Dennehy (Peaky Blinders) and Ariyon Bakare (Life) are playing demon duo Hastur and Ligur respectively, and Nina Sosanya (Love Actually) will be Sister Mary Loquacious. And in case that’s not enough for you, Michael McKean and Miranda Richardson will be taking on the roles of Sergeant Shadwell and Madame Tracy.

• Like 3

I watched both Ozark and American Vandal this week. Fan-freaking-tastic. I was laughing out loud (at work) with AV.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."