What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

GoT is pretty dang heavy on the incest.

But so far it's been on the side of either villains or side characters. Two major "heroes"? Feels significantly more icky to me somehow - when Cersei does it, well, she's done more awful crap. But these are people we're supposed to root for?

GoT is pretty dang heavy on the incest.

But so far it's been on the side of either villains or side characters. Two major "heroes"? Feels significantly more icky to me somehow - when Cersei does it, well, she's done more awful crap. But these are people we're supposed to root for?

Just to play devil's advocate here, they don't really know that they're related. Not yet, anyway, which should make for a fun reveal. I suspect Jon to be grossed out, Dany probably less so. She grew up expecting to marry her brother after all.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Yeah, but they don't know they are half brother and sister. And Jamie and Cersei may not be the good guys, but they aren't generic baddies either. 

They're not half-siblings. Dany is Jon's aunt. Rhaegar was Dany's older brother. Not that this makes it any less squicky.

• Like 2

Meh, there are worse redneck incest stories around. :>

Besides, they aren't fully brother and sister.. so how retarded can the possible child become? :cat:

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Littlefinger situation sums up the recent writing, relying on an unsubtle deus ex machina in lieu of actual plotting of either sense. Better pacing otherwise, but the series is basically a painted eggshell at this point, it's very pretty to look at but if you want an actual egg with some substance then you're out of luck.

I wouldn't be surprised if the show and book were fairly similar in that respect. Arya clearly isn't going to go full/ permanent faceless man in the books either, and one obvious way to break her out from that is to have run into someone on her list whether it's Meryn Trant or someone else.

Has to be. She's clearly the hand of revenge that everyone's supposed to cheer for, no matter how nonsensical. Has to stay within a boundary which is why the threat to Sansa made everyone dumber for seeing it. It's okay though because she manipulated the situation and got that sweet Littlefinger revenge, I guess.

So another late 80's film gets its reboot, this time as a current tv show to be released next year...

Am I really looking forward to Heathers TV show?

(Includes the teaser-trailer they've released for it)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Killjoys intro for season 2 was really good. A shame the show wasn't changed into the same "feeling" / style. It just has this weird old school cheesyness going on that I wouldn't mind not having anymore... Heck, it's as if Syfy likes this kind of stuff, because - as far as I can remember right now - most of their shows are stuck in it. It's always a somewhat weird looking female lead, with weird sidekicks, following a cheesy story from the late 90s or something.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I thought it was better than Killjoys, which has been renewed, but I also haven't watched any of season 3 of either show

I watched season 3 and it was pretty good. I'd say the show picked up some major momentum at the end of season 1 and never really stopped, but then I also really loved the way it unapologetically used every sci-fi cliché it could find. It wasn't high brow but fun, solid and fast paced entertainment on a tight budget (which really showed in the sets, much like it did in Andromeda back in the early 00s).

What really made it work, in the end, was the cast interaction, especially with Zoie Palmer - and the fact that the payoffs started for all the groundwork laid in the early episodes.

The cliffhanger was... eh, never mind. It's a bit like if Stargate SG-1 had stopped after season 9's ending. With something rather similar happening. ;)

I thought it was better than Killjoys, which has been renewed, but I also haven't watched any of season 3 of either show

Killjoys is far cheaper to make which is almost certainly the deciding factor- only 3 leads, very little CGI, almost all the sets/ locations being generic industrial/ Canadian Countryside.

I liked Dark Matter a fair bit, but then I'm a sucker for all the other Blake's 7 analogues like Farscape and Firefly as well.

• Like 2

13 Reasons Why.

This story is nauseating. :(

I gave that one a hard pass

Yeah, I was pretty ticked off that Netflix had it on my recommended list. I watched a couple episodes expecting it to take a turn or something, but it was just mopey teenage trash.

Oh, it took a turn alright. A turn right into rape-as-drama territory.

Y'all should try Dog Days (Hundstage), assuming you can get it somewhere and don't mind subtitles.

It is admirable and well-made, but unutterably depressing and unredeemed by any glimmer of hope.

Funerals are generally more fun. :o

Been watching too much Law and Order Criminal Intent. Its a gulity pleasure. I even had a dream about Catherine Erbe the other night. 

Also some of the commercials on TV are stranger than fiction. The first one that comes to mind is the lawsuits for people who gambled away thier home while taking Abilify. Absurdly specific stuff for pseudo sciences like psychology and gambling addiction.