Politics - Episode 9: The Lurking Fear

Rosbjerg

Well if you end up in charge of a ship that is somewhat impressive. And you get the second best dress uniform in the US

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Navy is a pretty wide ranging service. Serving on a ship, other than a carrier which is literally a floating city, is not easy duty. I did to float deployments during my time. They were both Gator Freighters (amphibious warfare) and that was enough to make me glad I didn't join the Navy. The Naval air wing is big. It serves a different purpose than the Air Force (tactical rather than strategic) and the Navy does have the finest Special Operations division in the US.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Obama was born in 61.

As Gfted1 said, shady dealings.

That makes him 14 years old when the Vietnam war ends. 

But we still haven't seen his long form birth certificate so we don't know his real age. And he has never done national service in Kenya either. Very shady (or sick!) guy.

I'm a little curious about something: does a order to the U.S. military posted on twitter by the lunatic in chief carry any legal authority? Can his twitterness post a command to launch a military strike from there?

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Oh those wacky Airforce guys. World dominating aircraft and pilots though.

@rjshae: The JCS are ignoring the transgender directive because it didnt come through proper channels, theres no way they would release a strike on anybody based on a tweet. A mind exercise I was toying with is: Trump has the nuclear football...if he actually tried to use it...would the accompanying airforce officer stop him? 

• Like 2

Obama was born in 61.

As Gfted1 said, shady dealings.

That makes him 14 years old when the Vietnam war ends.

But we still haven't seen his long form birth certificate so we don't know his real age. And he has never done national service in Kenya either. Very shady (or sick!) guy.

Obama is clearly the God Emperor

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon/amp

This is nuts.

Part of me is hoping Scaramucci can last until SNL starts up again in the Fall. If Spicer is comedy gold for them, Mooch will be a goldmine.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Uh, well, whoever was worried about Scaramucci being too much of a "smooth operator"/talker (James?), I, uh, don't think you'll have to worry about that. That guy is a total nutcase with seemingly no filter.

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Uh, well, whoever was worried about Scaramucci being too much of a "smooth operator"/talker (James?), I, uh, don't think you'll have to worry about that. That guy is a total nutcase with seemingly no filter.

Yeah, I went through a similar set of thoughts.

V34gBcn.gif

This is how we beat the terrorists.

Judging by the watermark and plane's markings it's how the Syrians and French beat the terrorists. Which is an odd combination.

Maybe some Syrian media outlet mocking the whole thing? Or enjoying, yeah I bet that was it.

V34gBcn.gif

This is how we beat the terrorists.

Judging by the watermark and plane's markings it's how the Syrians and French beat the terrorists. Which is an odd combination.

Maybe some Syrian media outlet mocking the whole thing? Or enjoying, yeah I bet that was it.

I knew it wasn't french because it looks nothing like their planes, check the tail though and there's definitely a tricolour.

I wouldn't be that surprised if the Syrians did enjoy it- they're reasonably progressive (very for the ME, especially in the big urban areas) so long as you don't touch on political reform.

"Why is a draft-dodger allowed to make any decisions regarding the army?"

That's funny sinCe Muhammed Ali (a black Amerikan Muslim who is bigoted against Afrikans) si treated as a GOD because he dodged serving in the war. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The US sells planes to France, It's possibly a joint base. Or a plane in for service. It's also the US colors, I know tricolors aren't so unheard of in the states, and that isn't exactly a perfect French Tricolore.

For those of you who opposed the Citizens United decision. Re-thinking it in the age of Trump: http://reason.com/blog/2017/07/25/trump-attacks-on-washington-post-illustr

For those of you who thought it was the right decision and free speech should be free no matter who is speaking, pat yourself on the back.

pat pat pat

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

For those of you who opposed the Citizens United decision. Re-thinking it in the age of Trump: http://reason.com/blog/2017/07/25/trump-attacks-on-washington-post-illustr

For those of you who thought it was the right decision and free speech should be free no matter who is speaking, pat yourself on the back.

pat pat pat

Because conservatives wanted to smear Clinton they succeed to get SC decision that now prevents them blocking liberals from smearing Trump, which forces them to use "Fake News" defense. I see irony in that.

Pakistan's SC disqualified their PM because of Panama papers, which maybe good could be good because it move to fight against corruption, but it maybe also bad because it may give control of Pakistan to their generals.

A mind exercise I was toying with is: Trump has the nuclear football...if he actually tried to use it...would the accompanying airforce officer stop him? 

Nope. No one can lawfully stop him from launching a nuclear attack, and attempting to do so would probably be treason or something. The only one who could do it is the SecDef, and only if it could not be verified that the order comes from Trump. That being said, the answer to the question "Can anyone stop Trump from ordering a nuclear strike?" is probably classified. Would Mattis intervene and derail any such orders even though he is not permitted to do so?

We had this issue come up last year, too. Look up Harold Hering. The whole thing is a crisis waiting to happen, if you ask me.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.