Politics - Episode 9: The Lurking Fear

Rosbjerg

Not on CNN, and a helicopter going down would certainly get their attention. Looking at the google news aggregate.

Im also watching CNN as one medium of news and I didnt see anything of the helicopter?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I edited my previous post. It doesn't seem anything directly related to the protests themselves, as far as people know anyway.

edit: @lefer: Might want to spoiler that due to the image size.... Though really, no surprise there.

Edited by smjjames

A State Police Helicopter has gone down and initial responders are saying it looks like it was brought down by gunfire.

Article linkage?

I'm got my information from the Fire/Rescue dispatch and from people who came back from the call.

Both of the pilots are dead and it has been reported that another person died from the car attack.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well the media and the left have asked for white nationalists and nazies rise so they now will reap what they sow.

At least US can count on the WH to do what is right

Well, you delivered as expected. Hopefully someone demolishes the statue of Lee, after all this, I'd get a chuckle out of that.

If he mentions the girl, he will be expected to mention every protester that gets killed.

Well, if X deaths are connected, it's not exactly taxing to mention all X, is it ? Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If he mentions the girl, he will be expected to mention every protester that gets killed.

Only the ones who were killed by a deliberate terrorist or terrorist-like attack.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

RADICAL WHITE CHRISTIAN TERRORISM

:lol:  :lol: .....this sounds like a term created in some misplaced SJ discussion 

It's a play on "radical islamic terrorism".

It's also horrendously accurate.

https://www.cato.org/blog/gao-weighs-countering-violent-extremism

Of all recored violent extremist incidents that resulted in death since September 12, 2001, far right wing violent extremist groups were responsible for 73 percent. Your friendly neighbourhood bigot is far more likely to be a radicalized terrorist than your local muslim refugee.

There is no doubt that Trump's messaging has given confidence and leash to the ethno-nationalists. He knows who his base is and he knows who he has in-part galvanized behind him.

Could he be playing some "high-level utilitarian game to lure them out?" I doubt it it, and if so I don't see any evidence that that is better than being brutally honest.

Well the media and the left have asked for white nationalists and nazies rise so they now will reap what they sow.

At least US can count on the WH to do what is right:

POTUS, FLOTUS, VPOTUS call for unity and condemn violence

You don't counter the problems of the left by swinging this far over. If anything the left has created the centrists and neoliberals by their actions. The far right is responsible for themselves, and are not the left's just deserts.

And trying to counter the far left by swinging that far over just makes both sides EVEN MORE polarized. As for the centrists, something has to fill the vacuum left behind by both sides, and the democrats are trying to decide whether to go further left or stay where they are.

The driver of the car has been identified as James Fields and charged with second-degree murder and three counts of malicious wounding.

There is a possibility that more charges will be filed at a later date.

-Hurlshot

RADICAL WHITE CHRISTIAN TERRORISM

:lol:  :lol: .....this sounds like a term created in some misplaced SJ discussion 

It's a play on "radical islamic terrorism".

It's not as "other" as Islamic terrorism but it's more likely to kill you in the US

Free games updated 3/4/21

German people are afraid of Neo Nazis who are particularly strong in the east. There's talks of a wall between west and east Germany to protect us against radical white Christian terrorism.

#buildthewall

#dontseewhatcouldpossiblybewrongabouthat

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

German people are afraid of Neo Nazis who are particularly strong in the east. There's talks of a wall between west and east Germany to protect us against radical white Christian terrorism.

#buildthewall

#dontseewhatcouldpossiblybewrongabouthat?

Bennie is this your idea of a joke when you say  " German people are afraid of Neo Nazis" ?

I know German people typically don't have great sense of humours especially when it comes to joking about themselves so maybe you joking about this comment  :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

#buildthewall

Bennie is this your idea of a joke when you say  " German people are afraid of Neo Nazis" ?

I know German people typically don't have great sense of humours especially when it comes to joking about themselves so maybe you joking about this comment  :teehee:

I lived in Germany and I can tell you that he is serious. Hell, our teacher at the Goethe Institut in Frankfurt am Main thought of east Germans as a separate nation that didn't knew how to act or talk or dress like "a real German". 

Some links that might shed some light for you on the situation:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/02/german-reunification-25-years-on-how-different-are-east-and-west-really

http://fortune.com/2014/11/09/germany-east-west-economy/

And yeah, such a sight for instance is pretty rare in west Germany(if not all of it):

"We're racist, we're racist and that's the way we like it".  

Pfft...maybe Brexit wasn't such a bad idea at all.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

#buildthewall

Bennie is this your idea of a joke when you say " German people are afraid of Neo Nazis" ?

I know German people typically don't have great sense of humours especially when it comes to joking about themselves so maybe you joking about this comment :teehee:

my comment is a joke, yes. I marvel at this needing explaining
  • Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Forgot how funny that Chelsea video is. Why couldn't Hillsborough happened to them instead.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra