Movies You've Seen (or would like to see) Recently

Rosbjerg

I thought the second movie wasn't that good. Still good, but not as good as the first. Felt to me like nothing really happened.. everything was just there to make for a longer movie and to set up a third one.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I thought the second movie wasn't that good. Still good, but not as good as the first. Felt to me like nothing really happened.. everything was just there to make for a longer movie and to set up a third one.

The Matrix curse all over again... eh?  I haven't seen Wick 2. 

(Of course... It's not the Matrix Curse... It's the Bill & Ted curse that afflicted the Matrix.)

Edited by Gizmo

I think you are overthinking the gun fu movie. I mean, you can also wonder why people only have kevlar suits when it fits the plot, but that would be silly. :p

Wick 2 is basically a revenge movie where you don't care about who lives and who dies. You gotta make me care, otherwise all the asplosions, all the headshots. It's all completely pointless.

In Wick 1 Theon Grayjoy kicked a puppy to death. I could totally get behind him needing to die. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Predator is an anti immigrant propaganda film. EVIL.

Whoa what? Tell me more.

The Karate Kid is about Kesuke Miyagi, an immigrant who fought against his own people in World War II, while his wife lost a child in an internment camp. 

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Predator is an anti immigrant propaganda film. EVIL.

Whoa what? Tell me more.

The Karate Kid is about Kesuke Miyagi, an immigrant who fought against his own people in World War II, while his wife lost a child in an internment camp. 

• Like 1

This movie looks to be what 10,000 BC should have been.

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I don't know why I cried, I guess I'm a sucker for dog movies even though I never see them since I dread thinking that the dog might die.

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Thor Ragnarok

While I watched it, I thought it was pretty good, but on reflection, not much depth, it felt more like a parody, with all the comedy, great SFX, Blanchette is very good in it too, but overall, a bit meh.

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

https://youtu.be/uIxnTi4GmCo

I don't know why I cried, I guess I'm a sucker for dog movies even though I never see them since I dread thinking that the dog might die.
I don't blame you. I will never again watch Marley and Me :(

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Finally got around to watching Alien:Covenant.

The first 40ish minutes had me mildly interested but as soon as they reached the planet I started groaning at all the horror-101 stupidity cliches. Send nearly all of your crew down. No helmets. "Trick" ending things that trick no one in the audience. They even had a shower scene for crying out loud. I had to pause the movie twice and putter in the kitchen for a few minutes each time in order to tolerate it. The aliens, visuals, music/sound effects were effective/good and Katherine Waterson at least convinced me her chr. had some common sense. Fassbender's performance, just like in Prometheus, is the main draw of this film. Did I hate the movie? No. It just wasn't good/distracting enough to be able to make me ignore the idiocy, like some movies can/do. I mean I can rewatch the original Alien and have more sympathy for every single one of those crew members than I did for anyone in Covenant. Talk about death by number.

The David character kept making me think of Asimov's R. Daneel Olivaw chr. A psychotic with delusions of grandeur version, of course but...I wonder if that was a somewhat intentional influence or if it's just that such themes re: artificial/created beings have become rather universal. I'd still kill for a good mini-series or movie trilogy of one or more of the Robot Novels, and Fassbender might make a pretty good Daneel. Not sure who would play Elijah Baley tho. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Looking forward to this one,  looks epic