Movies You've Seen (or would like to see) Recently

Rosbjerg

American Made.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3532216/

I really enjoyed it, it's not a comedy, but there was some well judged humour. The story was very interesting, insofar as it is supposed to be true, with some added touches of an actor played "cameo" of George The Shrub Bush, old footage of Reagan in his movies and televised speeches.

The double wheeler dealing is quite manic as he aquires more pilots to help him keep up with his commitments..

I would have loved to see it as maybe a 5 part mini series, because it covers so much ground from the period, I think it wouldn't feel so cramped, even at its 2 hour running length. As it is, it rattles along briskly and is very entertaining.

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Blade Runner 2049 was easily the best movie I have seen in a number of years, and Ryan Gosling is the best actor of his generation. I love the first Blade Runner, but I never got to sit in a theater and experience it like I did with 2049. I am extremely happy I was able to experience it that way. Go see it.

• Like 2

Worried about the dog in 'The Mountain Between Us'? We've got good news

The first comment under the official trailer for “The Mountain Between Us” on YouTube dives right into the worries. “As long as the dog doesn’t die, I’m good,” the commenter wrote.

So real is the concern about four-legged fatalities that a website, DoesTheDogDie.com, crowdsources intel about movie animal deaths and other possibly disturbing plot devices such as torture and clowns. Should you desire a list of films in which dogs do perish, people out there have helpfully published lists featuring an impressive range of cinema: An IMDb inventory gives the top spot to “Marley & Me” (2008), while No. 2 is the 1939 film “Of Mice and Men.”

Reactions to the doggy spoiler from “The Mountain Between Us” suggest that the studio’s bet — that removing any hint of suspense about the Lab’s fate would turn more people onto the movie than off — seems to have been sound.

Much relief was expressed on social media. Whether that will translate into box office success remains to be seen.

That's totally me, if I know the dog dies then I don't watch

It took me a few sittings to get through the first John Wick but my wife completely checked out after the dog was attacked but I was able to power through that when he starts getting revenge

Free games updated 3/4/21

Worried about the dog in 'The Mountain Between Us'? We've got good news

The first comment under the official trailer for “The Mountain Between Us” on YouTube dives right into the worries. “As long as the dog doesn’t die, I’m good,” the commenter wrote.

So real is the concern about four-legged fatalities that a website, DoesTheDogDie.com, crowdsources intel about movie animal deaths and other possibly disturbing plot devices such as torture and clowns. Should you desire a list of films in which dogs do perish, people out there have helpfully published lists featuring an impressive range of cinema: An IMDb inventory gives the top spot to “Marley & Me” (2008), while No. 2 is the 1939 film “Of Mice and Men.”

Reactions to the doggy spoiler from “The Mountain Between Us” suggest that the studio’s bet — that removing any hint of suspense about the Lab’s fate would turn more people onto the movie than off — seems to have been sound.

Much relief was expressed on social media. Whether that will translate into box office success remains to be seen.

That's totally me, if I know the dog dies then I don't watch

It took me a few sittings to get through the first John Wick but my wife completely checked out after the dog was attacked but I was able to power through that when he starts getting revenge

Generally I'm the same way but I like how John Wick did, it was early enough that we hadn't become to attached and it served as the emotional catalyst that propels the rest of the movie.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm all for killing dogs in film. If we aren't squeamish about human beings perishing then why should we be about any other animal? It's not like they're getting hurt in real life (unless they are, in which case the attitude is unacceptable).

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I will always remember how the crowd cheered in Independence Day when the dog made it to safety as all the other people died in the tunnel. :p

I can't handle kids dying in books or films. It just puts a pit in my stomach. Big reason I won't see It.

• Like 1

I'm all for killing dogs in film.

I love out of context quotes.
  • Like 5

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Was a study I think I posted before but people in general don't like to see bad things happen to children (obviously) and dogs. Adults, unless we know them personally, we just care less about.

Well I am pretty sure I didn't have problem with child murdering when playing F2 :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I'm all for killing dogs in film. If we aren't squeamish about human beings perishing then why should we be about any other animal? It's not like they're getting hurt in real life (unless they are, in which case the attitude is unacceptable).

Start killing toddlers in films, will be the same way. Inconsistency is the nature of Man :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Blade Runner 2049 was easily the best movie I have seen in a number of years, and Ryan Gosling is the best actor of his generation. I love the first Blade Runner, but I never got to sit in a theater and experience it like I did with 2049. I am extremely happy I was able to experience it that way. Go see it.

I dunno, maybe it was the editing but he had three 'big emotion' moments almost in succession and it seemed off. One long drawn out one for the reveal of the memory, a closeup for the cinematography and a freak out moment. It was so off tilt I was wondering if it was another memory, some kind of setup for later on. Not saying he did worse than Harrison Ford in the original though. Older Ford is a lot better. 

But yeah, generally speaking I was totally sold. I suppose the AI dimension was always coming, not enough to just do Terminator, man vs machine or synthetic. They were going to do Three life forms; Man vs synthetic vs AI. Except the AI waifu, charming as she was, didn't get to have much influence on events. 

Maybe if all three were in conflict it would have been too much Mass Effect/Deus Ex/Battlestar Gallactica. Did 'not Eldon Tyrell' remind anyone else of Illusive Man with all his talk of mankind dominating the stars. 

Post apocalyptic Vegas is never a bad choice, it even got a bit Mad Max in the sequence with the orphanage, a lot of thematic chance in scenery, I liked that. 

Blade Runner does not drive a ****ing Purgeot though. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Hah, I thought that Peugeot product placement was a bit crazy. That's the car of the future?

Should have been a Toyota.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was fine with the Peugeot branding. I actually liked that one could recognize these elements about the Blade Runner setting, I like the way they play with brands throughout as well as other urban/pop culture elements that further associate this future with our world as well as making it feel more lived-in and possessing a history of its own. To me the nods to Peugeot was no different than the nods to Elvis and Sinatra later in Vegas, they felt quite cohesive with the rest of this setting. Also quite curious are the few "Made in CCCP" labels that you can read on holograms.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden