Movies You've Seen (or would like to see) Recently

Rosbjerg

I seriously doubt every  'real life' amazon had heman arms. LMAO Stop being so TRIGGERED.

In fact, it appears you are triggered.

LMAO. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I like the new Tomb Raider, seems like we finally get a more authentic Lara and adaptation.

The Angelina ones weren't bad but I found them oddly produced and strangely written... kinda like the Resident Evil films.

Also...

https://youtu.be/V630C0UuORc

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Wonder Woman

Loved it, as did my wife. Good action and a decent origin story in general. Now Ive been out of the loop since Linda Carter was rocking the lasso but:

what is WW current canon origin? She is no longer formed of clay but is instead an Olympian god? And lol at Amazons that were bred to fight Ares getting their asses shot off by three shore boats full of Germans.

Wonder Woman

Loved it, as did my wife. Good action and a decent origin story in general. Now Ive been out of the loop since Linda Carter was rocking the lasso but:

what is WW current canon origin? She is no longer formed of clay but is instead an Olympian god? And lol at Amazons that were bred to fight Ares getting their asses shot off by three shore boats full of Germans.

The origin used in the movie was the new 52 origin; the later DC Rebirth put some doubt as to the veracity of the New 52 Origin in general, but the idea of her being the daughter of Zeus seems to have been kept (pending further retconning)

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Last Starfighter. Hadn't seen it for at least 20 something years and since my wife had never seen it, we watched it. I still remembered almost every word. I wish I could remember important crap instead of all this useless info.

Anyway, I'd give it a warm childhood fuzzies/10

Maybe I'll go see if I can track down the Boy Who Could Fly and Explorers next

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Condorman was mine, as an awe-struck nine-year old. Literal steely-eyed bad guys in fast cars, out-driven by a bumbling, earnest hero on land, in the air, underwater ...

Been letting the hype build for Justice League, thought I better bring expectations down to zero by watching BvS. Who threatens someone's mom two movies in a row with different villains and expects anyone to enjoy that. Diana's debut doesn't disappoint, at least.

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Heh, I did find that opening line amusing:

As Tom Cruise Gets Older, His On-Screen Love Interests Stay the Same Age

American Made premieres this week, bringing two reunions with it: Tom Cruise and Edge of Tomorrow director Doug Liman, and Tom Cruise and his ever-growing age gap with his female co-stars.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

*shrug* I bet plenty of young women in real life would happily bang Tom Cruise. Just l,ike young men would love to bang even older  Hollywood actresses.    Look at that. Movies   are often the mirror of the real.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

:ninja: 

But seriously, haven't you heard the raging debate going around the internet lately? That's a screen grab from the movie Valkyrie and the Twitterverse is in deep debate as to whether he is sporting a prosthetic booty. He says nay, its all real, and its spectacular.

I'd even bang Tom Cruise cos it's as close as I'm gonna get to banging Sofia Boutella tbh! :)

What gets me the closest to both Salma Hayek and Jennifer Connelly? Antonio Banderas maybe?

What's he doing these days?

He's made some cool movies last couple of years, he has really grown as an actor, first comeback bit I remembered as a great cameo in Expendables 2

Gentle but fun comedy Gun Shy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3910736/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_8

Dark writers block author movie Black Butterfly

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2090465/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_10

Edited by Fiach

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

:ninja: 

But seriously, haven't you heard the raging debate going around the internet lately? That's a screen grab from the movie Valkyrie and the Twitterverse is in deep debate as to whether he is sporting a prosthetic booty. He says nay, its all real, and its spectacular.

I've seen him shirtless a couple of times since Ghost Protocol, his torso looks really weird tbh.

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Haha, my first thought about that screencap actually was "I bet it's fake".

/Edit: I think Rock of Ages would have been really good if they hadn't added this horrible blonde girl popmusic part.

title.jpg

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Blade Runner 2049 was very good indeed. Not great, but at this point I'm debating whether I prefer it or not to Scott's film which is something of an accomplishment in and of itself.

There's a lot of things I feel it does better, and things I feel it does worse. In terms of sheer atmosphere and aesthetic I think it feels a lot more digital than Scott's of course and that makes it lose a certain tactile, living quality the first had, but it more than makes up for it with simply taking all of the elements that worked best in the first and expanding on them, as well as taking cues from other superior films like Stalker, the Ghost in the Shells and so on, and just taking its time to indulge in the feel of that world. Then I feel it delivers a film with more meat than the predecessor by essentially flipping over the protagonist's human/replicant dichotomy over and having it be more central to the overall plot too - as a meditation on what makes a person a person and so on I think this makes it a lot more focused and by consequence richer than the original; but where it loses ground once more is that in having a villainous duo that is so Bond levels of caricature it is essentially missing a Roy Batty and in the end the conflict does little to add to this meditation other than just act as a vehicle for it to happen. There are some great moments in it though and overall it's damn worth seeing at the theatre.

Also gotta love that Tarkovskian dog.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

The one plot detail in 2049 that kind of keeps it from true greatness for me:

I frankly don't get Wallace's obsession of getting baby Replicants from Replicants. Would seem to me, imperfect as the process is, that making Replicants artificially was always going to be more efficient than "how God intended it," and given all the amazing technology of the year 2049 it wasn't as if that couldn't be fixed with a little elbow grease from his researchers.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

The one plot detail in 2049 that kind of keeps it from true greatness for me:

I frankly don't get Wallace's obsession of getting baby Replicants from Replicants. Would seem to me, imperfect as the process is, that making Replicants artificially was always going to be more efficient than "how God intended it," and given all the amazing technology of the year 2049 it wasn't as if that couldn't be fixed with a little elbow grease from his researchers.

I think Wallace and Luv are largely the biggest problem with the film. I think I kinda get the idea behind it, inasmuch as he's obsessed with the idea of creating life and the ability to reproduce being so intrinsic a characteristic of lifeforms - but also because he sees it as a way for his creations to propagate faster and allow humanity's reach to expand further as a consequence. Either way I do agree that his motivations feel very muddled, and his musings just come across as Bond villain meet religious nut.

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden