Movies You've Seen (or would like to see) Recently

Rosbjerg

The Hitman's Bodyguard.

A great film about romance. Plus a few amusing banter points between Ryan Reynolds as the Bodyguard and Samuel L Jackson as the Hitman whose tried to kill him 28 times, as they road trip their way from Coventry to Hague to get to the ICC while being hunted by a lot of people.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I guess we're sop suppose to  feel sympathy for the main character there because her daughter was murdered but any sympathy I felt evaporated by the end of the trailer. Still have empathy but no sympathy. She seems like a horrible unlikeable human being.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I guess we're sop suppose to  feel sympathy for the main character

You sure about that? :)

We'll see how it is when it comes out but I suppose this is a story about the protagonist's alienation as well as her search. I don't think it'll go for sympathy - certainly the McDonagh characters so far have not been classically sympathetic.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

(Warning for language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU

I want to watch this so bad.

I am glad her daughter was murdered.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Beyond The Gates (2016)
+ Retro feeling. 80ies tapes before DVD time.
+ Horror a bit.
+ Mystery.
Neutral. The actors are ok, but not super.
- Very low budget
My vote: 5.75/10 interesting and watchable if you are into Horror/mystery and don't mind very low budget.

Green Room (2016)
+ Brutal violence. Realistic "horror".
+ The enemy is fairly cool.
+ I like some things about it...
- Well not my kind of music.
My vote: 6.5/10 ok/good movie.

In movie theatres:

Dunkirk 2017
+ War!
+ I guess realistic and based more or less on real events.
+ Nice battle.
- You kind of hope for more battle.
My vote: 7.5/10 good movie.

I must say war movies are not my favorite genre, but this one was good movie for me.

Annabelle Creation 2017
+ Horror.
+ Retro back into the time of early 50 ies which is decades before I was born, but very interesting to watch.
+ Girls can be nice and fun to see what they do sometimes.
+ Beautiful girls the oldest look like a young beautiful woman age 16-20 I guess.
+ Have faith and believe in God... a slap to face for atheists..
+ However if there is Good there can be Evil...
- a bit boring and long movie.
My vote: 7.75/10 good /very good movie.

Edited by Terminator

Power Rangers Movie - My son had been asking for this one for awhile, so I picked it up and we had a family movie night. It actually was much more entertaining than expected. Bryan Cranston and Elizabeth Banks seemed to be having fun with their roles (Cranston plays a wall) and the kids we good. It had a bit of a Breakfast Club becomes superheroes feel to it. I honestly expected to lose interest at some point and wander off, but it was well done from start to finish. Blue Ranger was fantastic, reminded me of a few students I've had over the years on the spectrum, but they didn't overdue it and the whole movie was fun and lighthearted.

• Like 1

Going to American Made at the weekend, anyone willing to warn me off, feel free to critique. I like Tom Cruise tbh, hated him until I saw Magnolias, but that made me turn the corner. The Mummy was disappointing compared the the Brendan Fraser version, but an enjoyable enough romp imo.

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

IT

It didn't scare me, and it's not a great horror movie. But it is a great movie, one of the best this year. It did occassionally unsettle me with its coming-of-age style revelation that the monster under your bed will never compare to the horrors real life can throw at you but I was never really scared.

That didn't matter though, because while I wasn't scared I did truly believe in the fear of these kids. This film was awesome. Well made, suspenseful, heartfelt and featuring some of the coolest and most creative creature feature visuals I've seen in a long while, I was emotionally invested and visually arrested.

Pennywise isn't terrifying but incredibly intimidating and fascinating. He was played perfectly and lives up to Tim Curry's iconic portrayal while standing on its own at the same time. However, the real standouts are the child actors, especially the fearless Sophie Lillis and a hilarious turn by Finn Wolfhard.

• Like 2

IT

It didn't scare me, and it's not a great horror movie. But it is a great movie, one of the best this year. It did occassionally unsettle me with its coming-of-age style revelation that the monster under your bed will never compare to the horrors real life can throw at you but I was never really scared.

That didn't matter though, because while I wasn't scared I did truly believe in the fear of these kids. This film was awesome. Well made, suspenseful, heartfelt and featuring some of the coolest and most creative creature feature visuals I've seen in a long while, I was emotionally invested and visually arrested.

Pennywise isn't terrifying but incredibly intimidating and fascinating. He was played perfectly and lives up to Tim Curry's iconic portrayal while standing on its own at the same time. However, the real standouts are the child actors, especially the fearless Sophie Lillis and a hilarious turn by Finn Wolfhard.

Looks like I'm going to that instead of made in America, thanks for the review!

Saw a good thriller Unlocked

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001057/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Female agent tries to stop terrorist plot to release a virus.

Malkovich chews up the scenery when he gets the chance, Michael Douglas has a short but effective cameo, Orlando Bloom really plays against type of, but yeah good story, a bit of Deus ex machina, but it's believable, nice twists, all 'round good thriller.

SPOILERS! suggest you watch without sound

https://youtu.be/CCqISHuTgHE

Edited by Fiach

I went to see It, great movie, excellent camera work, loved the nods to the era like Chopper bikes, Molly, mullets, even the red "V" on the arm cast etc. Can't wait for part 2....hope it doesn't take 27 years!

Saw two Antonio Banderas movies

Gun Shy, a charming comedy, Banderas plays a Captain Jack Sparrow-ish aging rock star, who's wife gets kidnapped in Chile, Banderas is brilliant. The movie was Crowdfunded which is kinda interesting, based on a book called Salty.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3910736/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_8

Black Butterfly, Banderas plays a much darker role as an author with writers block, great movie with a small ensemble cast

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2090465/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_10

IT. TN is right about it, the portrayal of the kids fear hit more than any jump scare and the unsettling moments hit harder than any creature bits. That said Pennywise felt genuinely creepy and inhuman, which is good considering it's an alien entity along the lines of a Lovecraftian nightmare and not just a killer clown or whatever. If anything I think Pennywise should have gotten a bit more screen time, not to downplay the creatures but maybe have shown him terrorize kids besides Patrick and Georgie or torment the Losers in other ways.

The only real negative I have is the ambiguous fate of Henry Bowers and his gang, to spoil a three decade old book, Henry survives and the murders are pinned on him while all his friends die. With Belch and Victor apparently left alive I wonder if they're going to show up in the almost certain Part 2 or if Henry died and they'll have to find another guy to do IT's dirty work after 27 years. This was the only real sloppy thing and an offhand mention of how Henry got blamed for the murders and was sent off or confirmation of his death would have been nice and easy to fit in the ending.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So Abrams is back for episode 9. Writing and directing

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well looks like Episode 6 is getting remade then.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Jackie Chan's new sci-fi movie looks so strange. It's all Robocop feely but with transgender prostitutes and such. It seems he is a cop of some sort fighting again Deus Ex-esque machines...

https://youtu.be/rLCuqnqGvVk

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...