Merry Meet!

Grateful for you sharing your time and Gravity.  May you ask the Goddess to eternally alight your self-determined path.

In [The White Marsh] in the [LongWatch Falls] in front of the shrine with [The Grey Sleeper] legendary weapon stuck into a cold rock, is where am I.  Eder is who will be getting the Legendary Estoc, though the weapon will be permanently bound to him.

In the Pillars of Eternity II info that has been released, it mentions that Eder is one of the companions that will be returning.  However, when continuing from this P.o.E. save file, will he still be wielding the Legendary sword?  Will it still be permanently bound to him?

The interest in making all the new equipment 'newer, better, bigger' is known to me.  Therefore, whether Eder or not could 'remove' a 'now' lack luster [Legendary Estoc] is a concern of mine.

Sincerely,

Witkh13

Given that it doesn't make sense to start at level 1 with legendary tier equipment (I think one of those Beraths blessings will allow some for a new game, but that doesn't apply here as it's a newgame+ type feature), the devs have said that we won't have that equipment. Whether it's 'no equipment will be transferred' or 'only certain equipment' remains to be seen since, as far as we know, no equipment will transfer.

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 1

Grateful for your responses am I.

That they include an explanation for that level of loss, hope do I.  Eothas swapping part of his soul with the Watcher, can easily be reasoned for the loss of experience.  

However, it fails to really explain the returning companions for having a bit of memory loss.  Neither does it explain how a returning companion not having a weapon that explicitly says it can never be 'off his body', the only thing he can do is level the weapon up to be able to 'swap' to another weapon.

Of course, an reasoning could only be words written down because it will only apply to those who A.) import a P.o.E. save and B.) having [The Grey Sleeper] on a returning companion, or some other legendary with a similar curse.  In Baldur's Gate all you had to do to unequip a cursed item is have a Priest/Cleric cast 'Remove Curse' on the character.  So maybe someone steals it... that might be neat.

This is far from a complaint, just a hope, that they considered this and have something in store, of mine.

That they include an explanation for that level of loss, hope do I.  Eothas swapping part of his soul with the Watcher, can easily be reasoned for the loss of experience.

I think that's the explaination already given.

However, it fails to really explain the returning companions for having a bit of memory loss.  Neither does it explain how a returning companion not having a weapon that explicitly says it can never be 'off his body', the only thing he can do is level the weapon up to be able to 'swap' to another weapon.

Pretty much everybody has pointed that out with the fact that the companions would have to be explained away as being at level 1 rather than 16. As for the weapon, that would work as an explaination.

• Like 1

Another member that talks like Yoda. Give Gromnir a run for his money you can ;)

I personally think it was a silly choice by Obsidian to reuse the same main character, since it opens up this can of worms. But anyways... its obvious that we can't have end-of-game gear in the beginning, so Obsidian will make a cheesy excuse involving a large statue, spirit energy, and amnesia, and we will agree not to think too deeply about it.  

Edited by Heijoushin
  • Like 2

By the look of all PoE related images and info Eder is canonically a sabre kinda guy, so he will probably start with one.

The White Marsh

White March, not Marsh.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...