So I'm making my way through a replay of my DPS greatsword fighter. I've learned a great deal since I played Pillars for the first time, so I'm doing much better. My party's mostly doing what I want them to. But I'm not quite sure what to do with Eder. In my last two playthroughs, I've given him a sabre and a shield and put him in the front. But it leaves him without much offensive capacity, except for knockdowns.

I was going to give him Blade of the Endless Paths, but I ended up deciding to give it to Pallegina - to maximize accuracy bonuses from her. And the only other marking melee weapon available in this playthrough is a poleaxe I can buy in Salty Mast. I could give it to him, I guess. But maybe there are some other alternatives. Like a way to make him less passive while wielding a shield. Or dual-wielding. What do you all usually give him?

Dual wielding because of Knockdown (Full Attack) and Charge (finishes with a Full Attack at the target). Also great to achieve low recovery in thick armor (dual wielding + Armored Grace).

A fighter like Edér is sturdy enough without a shield. And 3 Full Attack Knock downs, combined with Disciplined Barrage are good CC- and damage tools when dual wielding.

I like dual hammers a lot. Shatterstar with Annihilating + Guarding seems to be made for a fighter. If you put Shatterstar into the main hand and do a Knockdown, the offhand will strike first, most likely causing prone, the second strike with Shatterstar is likely to crit, which is great because of Annihilation.

Dual sabres is also nice.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Grab Godansthunyr from the Sky Dragon's place instead. Strike Hard is nice as well, but for me the stunning enchantment and the longer interrupt (0.75 instead of 0.5) and the +1 to MIG are better than speed in this case. Shattersta also has higher interrupt by the way (1 instead of 0.5).

With Godansthunyr you can cause stun all the time with Disciplined Barrage and Knockdown: Knockdown with Shatterstar first, then chain-stun with Godansthunyr, alternating between annihilating crits (Shatterstar) and stunning crits (Godansthunyr).

Edited by Boeroer

In my current playthrough I'm an offensive greatsword fighter, and decided to respec Edér and give him Spectacular Spetum so he can still fulfill the tank role. It works really well, his stats are decent enough for offense and I can more or less just set and forget him on the frontline.

In my current playthrough I'm an offensive greatsword fighter, and decided to respec Edér and give him Spectacular Spetum so he can still fulfill the tank role. It works really well, his stats are decent enough for offense and I can more or less just set and forget him on the frontline.

Damn. The fact that it works for him makes me even angrier that I didn't get it in time...! :C

Grab Godansthunyr from the Sky Dragon's place instead. Strike Hard is nice as well, but for me the stunning enchantment and the longer interrupt (0.75 instead of 0.5) and the +1 to MIG are better than speed in this case. Shattersta also has higher interrupt by the way (1 instead of 0.5).

With Godansthunyr you can cause stun all the time with Disciplined Barrage and Knockdown: Knockdown with Shatterstar first, then chain-stun with Godansthunyr, alternating between annihilating crits (Shatterstar) and stunning crits (Godansthunyr).

I plan to, but I won't be fighting the sky dragon just yet. Until then, Strike Hard will serve me fine. It's not like money is an issue in this game.

The reason I didn't just give Eder a two-hander is that my fighter uses a greatsword and Pallegina uses an estoc. And I don't like repetitiveness.

On a tangentially-related note, I'm wondering if I could make Devil of Caroc into a ranged rogue... my frontline's getting crowded.

Sure, why not. Or is there a place behind your front line for a Tall-Grass-Devil? Pike with Backstab and high Stealth is actually pretty fun from the second row. You let the enemies engage the front line (you won't get noticed with decent stealth), let them catch afflictions and then you'll have two free Backstabs with Sneak Attack and Deathblows. It's not very micro intense and effective.

A quick switching blunderbuss Devil with Runner's Wounding Shot is also nice. Herr, Backstab is also devastating even if you only get one shot instead of two pokes with the pike.

On a tangentially-related note, I'm wondering if I could make Devil of Caroc into a ranged rogue... my frontline's getting crowded.

Twin Sting...

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

I've always been tempted to buy the Pollaxe from the upper area of the whorehouse that, like Shatterstar, has +1 enemy engaged on it.

Sadly, I'm still on my first playthrough and before I knew it the city kinda exploded before I had the chance to....

Keeping the spoilers to a minimum, but *cough*cangobackafterreachingtwinelms*cough* :)

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Twin Sting...

...is a great weapon, but less so for Rogues in my opinion. The 25% chance to cast Merciless Gaze on kill is considerably worse than the amazing Ranger-specific enchantment. Using it as an opener isn't a bad idea though.

I'd give the Devil a crossbow, but my previous run had a crossbow rogue as the MC. Besides, I've never really used a pike. She seems to do alright with it. Eder's using two hammers, Pallegina has the BotEP, Zahua has his fists and Maneha uses Edge of Reason + Sheathed in Autumn. Mostly because those are the best axe and sword I have at the moment.

I just realized I could upgrade the Hours of st. Rumbaldt to Superb, now that I have killed the sky dragon. Thus getting Overbearing without such a damage disadvantage compared to Tidefall. But I've already used up durgan steel on Tidefall, so I guess I'll stick with it.

I just realized I could upgrade the Hours of st. Rumbaldt to Superb, now that I have killed the sky dragon. Thus getting Overbearing without such a damage disadvantage compared to Tidefall. But I've already used up durgan steel on Tidefall, so I guess I'll stick with it.

Can't go wrong with Tidefall....ever.

• Like 1

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Can't go wrong with Tidefall....ever.

I used it last playthrough, so in this one Pallegina will be rocking St. Rumbaldt. Obsidian designed some delicious weapons  :dancing: