Does it proc on hit effects from specific unique weapons? Does it fully benefit from weapon bonuses like DR bypass etc? Also a bit offtopic question: if a weapon for eg Whisper of Yenwood got +20% grazes to hits on it. Does it mean it only applies to attacks made by that weapon or gives a character +20% chance to change graze into hit globally? For eg when using an item ability like combusting wounds from ring of searing flames? 

I think I don't understand the first question.

Full Attack means that you are striking with both weapons if you are dual wielding or use a bashing shield. The offhand will strike first. With a two handed weapon, a weapon + shield, a single weapon or any ranged weapon you will only strike/shoot once like with a Primary Attack.

Those strikes work like normal melee attacks (besides having special bonuses) - so a Full Attack like from Flames of Devotion does trigger on-hit and on-crit effects, yes. Same with Crippling Strike and so on. DR bypass also works like with auto attacks.

The graze-to-hit conversion of Whispers of Yenwood only works for the attacks that are done with it. I mean the strikes you deliver with that sword. Nothing else.

Same with all other weapons that have conversions.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ah thanks so basicly Torment's Reach (if dual wielding) is a hit with 2 weapons that deal damage separately, gets 50% crush bonus and reduce might, all in cone. So if weapons got lets say Disorienting or chance to stun etc it will also proc in cone if I get it right? Thats nice. I got retaliation shield yesterday, using hiros mantle already so I'm trying to find out best weapon setups for that monk. 

As a main setup i use  MH: Whisper of Yenwood Offhand: Misery's End

both with burning lash. 

But I don't know what to use as a main hand weapon for setup with Sura Supper Plate

I basicly only want to use 1h+shield setup for scenarios in which I get surrounded by mobs with a lot of disables so when I get chain stunned etc I get 1 more retaliation effect and more deflection for Soul Mirror vs ranged attackers. 

Torment's Reach is special. It does a Full Attack with the +50% crushing lash and stuff, but the cone is a separate thing. It only does crush damage and it has a separate base damage that is not influenced by your weapon choice. It doesn't use lashes on your weapons. If I remember correctly, it also doesn't use DR bypass. This is a lot different from Carnage for example.

It works more like Blast (wizard).

However, it does indeed trigger on-hit and on-crit effects and also works with spell chance items (Redeemer and so on, where you have a x% chance to trigger y on hit or crit). Blast does that, too.

It also procs the Thrust of Tattered Veils from Badgradr's Barricade (medium shield in Durgan's Battery). That thing also reflects ranged attacks (10% I think, stacks with durgan steel).

The best shield for reflecting missiles of all sorts is Aila Braccia. It works perfectly well with Soul Mirror, because the shield will reflect all grazes (and turn them to misses) while Soul Mirror will also reflect some misses (those don't get reflected by the shield).

For melee, when you get pommeled, I guess the Supper Plate is good.

Badgradr's Barricade is a really good mixture between offense and defense when you use Torment's Reach.

Else, the best thing to have for Torment's Reach might be fast weapons with ACC bonus (dagger, club, rapier). Because the cone doesn't care about your weapon's damage, you should be able to spam it faster and with more precision. The initial hit is of course weaker (because fast weapons have lower base damage), but the cone damage will not be altered. And since you can spam it faster, it should result in more damage. Didn't try that theory out by myself though.

Edited by Boeroer

In that case it seems that Whisper of Yenwood was picked by Dr <3 (Author of "The Anvil" btw kudos to him) purely because it has +con which is the most important stat for this build. 

I guess in for a "getting pommeled" setup I'll just pick a weapon that have a most defensive bonuses hmm. Maybe Forgotten Tear of the Beloved or Spelltongue for Corrosive Siphon. 

Wondering how much hurt can Vent Pick + Badgradr's Barricade do :D

Edited by Phyriel

Vent Pick is not especially great. It just comes durgan refined (no need to use ingots on it) with that special proc of FoD which only adds +50% lash to the one hit/crit where it procs - and it does so seldomly.

Something like Godansthunyr is very nice though. If you combine Binding Rope (retaliates with stuck affliction, suppresses normal retaliation, but not from Supper Plate nor Battle Forged) with Badgradr's and Godansthunyr you will deliver lots of crits via retaliation, Rooting Pain and weapon attacks, causing stunned and triggering Thrust of Tattered Veils. Also fits the "anvil" theme. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

So to sum it up... the cone from Torment's Reach would proc stun on hit/crit from weapons that have it. Would also cone damage heal you from damage done via damage to endurance enchantment? Its not "on hit/crit" effect per se.