Deadfire wil come with diagonal tearing. Unless Dx11 Mode? PLEASE? PRETTY PLEASE?

This is a call for the developers.
But first an introduction:

There is a bug with nvidia optimus technology on windows 10. It's pretty well documented and reported and pretty old.

The details, along with investigation and a guide made by me can be found here:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1008527/geforce-mobile-gpus/-guide-diagonal-screen-tearing-problems-with-optimus-nvidias-control-panel-not-working-like-it-should-need-a-fix-get-in-here/

In short, most unity games, and most games running with a Dx9 renderer, when played on a laptop with an nvidia card and windows 10 will get an awful diagonal screan tear. Yup, DIAGONAL.

The easiest workaround is forcing the games to use dx11. Just try it yourself! Fire up Pillars of Eternity with vsync on (vsync have nothing to do with the bug, but deactivating it will make it pretty damn difficult to see without a trained eye... That and the tradicional horizontal tear will apear :p). You will se that tear whenever you move, scroll the map or certain effects fire. Now force the game to use Dx11. BAM problem solved.

Now try the same with Tyranny. The tearing is worse. Force Dx11: A pink screen. Let me also use this thread to ask: Why wasn't Dx11 implemented in Tyranny? It's a later game made by the same people and engine. What happened? 

Now the point of this thread should be pretty obvious! Will Deadfire come with a Dx11 option? 

If not, could you please reconsider?

My laptop would be the best device to play the game because of it's screen, and also because of my lifestyle. (I say this before the inevitable "why are you gaming on a laptop anyway?" posts start to appear)

Loving the advances of the game by the way! Great work <3

• Like 2

Why are you gaming on a laptop?

That's my privilege! ;)

Actually that be a great option say when you are frequent traveler or can game when you are on a vacation!

I prefer to game on my desktop, but I have to constantly move to or from work, college, my house, etc.

Gaming on my laptop has become basically my only options this days. That's why I'm concerned about Tyranny and now deadfire.

That's my privilege! ;)

Actually that be a great option say when you are frequent traveler or can game when you are on a vacation!

I prefer to game on my desktop, but I have to constantly move to or from work, college, my house, etc.

Gaming on my laptop has become basically my only options this days. That's why I'm concerned about Tyranny and now deadfire.

i'm with you on this. i was thinking when technology gets better i might actually get a gaming laptop! it's too expensive for now though :(.

• 1 month later...

That's my privilege! ;)

i'm with you on this. i was thinking when technology gets better i might actually get a gaming laptop! it's too expensive for now though :(.

You could always get an entry level laptop.

That's what I got. Not to game on it though... It's just a side effect of what I needed xD