How to «not get a card»

During a game, when draw a card and I dont want to get it (even if I have 100% chance), is there a way just to ignore the card ?

No.  There's some debate whether you want to consider it a "bug" or an "unimplemented rule," but there is presently no way to pass on acquiring a boon like the rules permit.  As noted above, your best option is to click on the check type in the top-center of the screen and select a skill that the character may not have.  Throwing a single d4 is usually enough to flub a boon check.

There was an old thread noting all this a little while back, as well as a newer discussion on how not having the ability to pass on boon checks may pose problems when at the Vault of Greed location.

It might help you to know though that if you manually click on the yellow trashcan icon at the end of your turn you can choose to throw out cards that you don't want. So it at least doesn't clog up your hand. Most of the time that's just as good as not getting it in the first place.

Edited by Irgy

It might help you to know though that if you manually click on the yellow trashcan icon at the end of your turn you can choose to throw out cards that you don't want. So it at least doesn't clog up your hand. Most of the time that's just as good as not getting it in the first place.

Grabbing a card even with the intention of discarding it afterwards because you didn't even want it in the first place interferes with cards that react with the graveyard, mostly spells like cure and healing cards. It has the possibility of putting the unwanted cards back into the deck and re-drawing them again as dead draws.

Grabbing a card even with the intention of discarding it afterwards because you didn't even want it in the first place interferes with cards that react with the graveyard, mostly spells like cure and healing cards. It has the possibility of putting the unwanted cards back into the deck and re-drawing them again as dead draws.

While I do wish that we could pass on boon checks it doesn't make as big an issue for most scenarios/parties even on legendary difficulty. 

While I do wish that we could pass on boon checks it doesn't make as big an issue for most scenarios/parties even on legendary difficulty. 

Wrong. It make a huge difference once you hit AD3 because at that point you can use locations to banish unwanted cards and replace them with any card from B, C and 1 decks. So picking up unwanted basic spells prevent you from doing just that.

I'd hesitate to say it makes a huge difference, but it does make a noticeable small difference.  

But the way that the rules for Pathfinder ACG work, it is a huge tangle of small rules with small effects.  A change here or there may not have a tremendous effect on overall gameplay, but it can be really frustrating when you're expecting a specific means to resolve a situation and the app allows no such option.

Is the issue particularly troublesome or obvious to those who haven't played the tabletop ACG?  Not really.  But opting to pass on acquiring a boon is in the rulebook (even the special updated edition on the app's steam page), and it would be nice to have a "No thanks!" button for those times you just aren't that interested in what the location deck offers.

I think the easiest way to implement that (since it is canon, and therefore should be included) would be to have a 'Pass' option in the drop down, allowing you to roll 'D4-4' or something similar. This is easier to implement mechanically as a die check, since I'm figuring no one wants to see "Pass?" before every roll. The other option would be to add an 'Evade' button below the 'Encounter' button on the right, but that seems just as tedious. 99% of the time, I want to roll on the thing. Particularly on locations that require me to banish a card to close it. I'd rather have a dump/garbage boon instead of being forced to give up something decent.

I think the easiest way to implement that (since it is canon, and therefore should be included) would be to have a 'Pass' option in the drop down, allowing you to roll 'D4-4' or something similar. This is easier to implement mechanically as a die check, since I'm figuring no one wants to see "Pass?" before every roll. The other option would be to add an 'Evade' button below the 'Encounter' button on the right, but that seems just as tedious. 99% of the time, I want to roll on the thing. Particularly on locations that require me to banish a card to close it. I'd rather have a dump/garbage boon instead of being forced to give up something decent.

This is mechanically confusing to players by putting in "hacks" like this where dice are still rolled. It should just be a button labeled "Do not acquire", and then a further modal dialog that will say "You have chosen to fail your attempt to acquire this boon, press YES to confirm." With a YES/NO in the case you accidentally hit that option. Sort of like the dialogs that appear when it thinks you might want to take before/after turn actions and wants to confirm you meant to not do that.

• Like 2

This is mechanically confusing to players by putting in "hacks" like this where dice are still rolled. It should just be a button labeled "Do not acquire",

That is how it should be properly handled.  The game occasionally makes a distinction between "failure to acquire a boon" and "failing a check to acquire a boon."  Passing on a boon should only count as the former, not the latter.

Solutions that involve a emulating dice fail might put you in a situation that you technically shouldn't be in.  No sense in trading one problem for another.

• Like 2

This is mechanically confusing to players by putting in "hacks" like this where dice are still rolled. It should just be a button labeled "Do not acquire",

That is how it should be properly handled.  The game occasionally makes a distinction between "failure to acquire a boon" and "failing a check to acquire a boon."  Passing on a boon should only count as the former, not the latter.

Solutions that involve a emulating dice fail might put you in a situation that you technically shouldn't be in.  No sense in trading one problem for another.

There's times where I see a junk item/weapon/armor card pop up as the next card and I'm happy about it. The locations that make you banish something to close them are good for that. :)

• Like 1