When are you guys gonna open up a gear store?

DarkTower

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been there, asked that question in the past! (April 2006)

(from an old ask FU a number of questions thread)

"I'm cheating outragously and posting two questions in one post:

1) Business Development Manager being part of your description, what is in your personal assessment at the time of writing the most profitable (ROI ?) market gaming wise and will you/Obsidian have a go at that market ? Why/Why not ?

Not so much platforms, but game genres and demographic target groups.

2) How do you (and your fellow Obsidianites for that matter) feel about merchandising ?

Will we see g-strings with Obsidian logos, t-shirts with your resident artists concept art on them, coffee cup with your portrait on it etc.

I for one would buy at least 5 cups, one with each company founder on it, if it would support one of those less profitable isometric party based crpgs being self published and developed... wink.png"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh, I'd definetly get myself a pair of g-strings.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

need a better logo for us to buy their gear.

we still use cave dog games stuff 'cause we like their logo.

Cavedog_Entertainment_Logo.jpg

480189.jpeg

old black isle logo were nice too.

HA! Good Fun!

ps late edit: cavedog was almost frozen yak entertainment, and their backup logo were still better than obsidian's

frozen_yak.gif

the gif version were only used for an april fools event... visualize w/o the, well, 'yaking.'

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)