Can someone please help me to not go crazy over the stronghold events...

Ever since getting the stronghold I've been having trouble making progress through the game as I'm constantly worried about these stupid turn counts and making optimal choices in the stronghold events, mostly because there doesn't seem to be any particularly good info around on them (I've been consulting http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Caed_Nua, but it often doesn't list impact of choices or the like). Biggest irritation is adventures: I can understand what type of adventure I'll get, but that doesn't help when I don't know how likely I am to get an adventure in the first place. So far, my turn count is 14 and I've only had one adventure so far. I'm also trying to save-scum now to see if I can force the game to roll an adventure on the next turn, but after a dozen or so tries the outcome is always the same (collect taxes, attack on stronghold when I move to another location). 

In short: does anyone know how I can optimize my turn count vs. adventures? This is really holding me back from enjoying the game...

Stop letting your FOMO take over your entertainment, until you're wasting time looking stuff up and running back and forth for that tiny marginal bonus that you'd never notice anyway instead of having fun. Stronghold, for better or for worse, just isn't that big a deal in POE, and adventures in particular can easily be ignored entirely.

• Like 1

Well, I realize that it's not a particularly big deal, but I'd just like to get all the adventures and unique items for completion's sake if nothing else. I've been making a bit more progress, and something I've noticed is that I've been getting an adventure every 8 turns (8, 16, 24). Not a big enough sample to form a pattern, but has anyone else noticed something similar?

Crank up your stronghold's Prestige, that results in more adventures.  I found that they tend to come in a flood towards the end game.  Eventually I "used up" all the named adventures without even trying, and was just getting generic ones like "major adventure" or "grand adventure."

You will get the entire stronghold finished way way before the end of the game, and the random events will occur or not occur with no way to game it so don't even bother. 

Edited by FlintlockJazz

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams