Thoughts about FoD on my Olympic Sprint Team paladin

So in my infinite crappyness I am going to play a decent Con Paladin (15) cause i just like HP ok i know its dumb and for the massive fort defense!  my frontline is a DW fighter (sabres) and a Eder 2handed Fighter (soldier) ... and taking Zealous Charge not focus this time.  As my fighters have disciplined barrage and Aloth has eldritch aim plus running Durance.  I like the battlefield control capability of the fighters plus the high movement speed of zealous charge....should i even bother with FoD this time?  I find FoD in big fights with dragons just BLEH.  I think the Paladin is better in the utility role in these fights (running away) to dodge breathes, create distance and CC the Dragon and marking for constant knockdowns from fighters.  Thoughts?

Stats for my Paladin: (I never min max this time I just doing what the developers recommend for fun)

MIG 15

Con 15

Dex 9

Per 10

Int 15

Res 14

I am playing a Kind Wayfarer so maybe get FoD for Sword and the Shepherd? This is what I was thinking for abilities:

1. LoH

3. Zealous Charge

5. Liberating Exhort

7.Coord Attacks (stack with marking)

9. Reinforcing Exhort

11. ?? (Rightous Soul?)

13. Immolation

15.?? (Aegis of Loyalty)?? 

I know i have a priest but i have found that having 2 ways to get people out of dominate frees up my priest to cast other buffs.
Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Totally viable. I find high move speed to be very useful early in the game, especially when it comes to bounties (so much xp so early if you can best them).

Did one if you ever use a "one tank for close quarter/chokepoints, rest ranged" party with party wide high move speed (chanter chant or Zealous Charge + Fast Runner) + Shot on the Run?

It's hilarious! :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Totally viable. I find high move speed to be very useful early in the game, especially when it comes to bounties (so much xp so early if you can best them).

Did one if you ever use a "one tank for close quarter/chokepoints, rest ranged" party with party wide high move speed (chanter chant or Zealous Charge + Fast Runner) + Shot on the Run?

It's hilarious! :)

What do you do in cave type/cant run anywhere fights with that crew?

Have gun will travel.

Use the tank in a chokepoint of course. The only reason there is a tank in the first place. :)

Concerning your FoD-question: if you don't like it then yeah - don't take it. ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Use the tank in a chokepoint of course. The only reason there is a tank in the first place. :)

Concerning your FoD-question: if you don't like it then yeah - don't take it. ;)

:-l lol

Have gun will travel.