After PoE and Tyranny, you want to see what kind of fantasy settings that Obsidian create?

btsam

I would like to see the urban fantasy theme CRPG set on modern background,I am curious about how the obsidian team will perform this style;Or fantasy setting based on the stone age and reptile empire. :yes:

• Like 2

Well I would really love to see how it would end up, if Obsidian would ever had a chance to make their own version of fantasy JRPG :-D

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I will say, something I've always wanted to try out is something set to the Arabian Nights style background. The closest I've seen is TSR's old Al-Quadim, and I could never persuade my gaming group to try it out. 

It would be interesting to see what Obsidian might do if they overloaded on old Sinbad movies and the Thief of Bagdad, sprinkle in a bunch more from the 1,001 nights, and see what emerged.

• Like 5

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

One word: Wuxia

If BioWare won't ever give us the Jade Empire sequel some of us crave so much, maybe someone else can have a crack at the genre.  Whether actiony or tactical (Wuxia more lends itself to an action RPG, but it could work as a tactical RPG too), I just desperately want another martial arts RPG.  Also, I'm not completely sure how you would fit this into the game, but I also would want a training montage where our young hero gets trained by the silver-haired, long-bearded, wise master, complete with the hero slacking off while they think the master is dozing off, only to find out that he was completely alert the whole time and he comically beats our ass as punishment.  I suppose it could be a mini-game.

• Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I would like some decent sci-fi

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 4

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Since we're discussing "clones" of other games, I'd like to see Obsidian do their own spin on the Mass Effect-type game.

Or maybe a wild west type game!

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

After reading Eisenhorn i would absolutely love a 40k RPG. Although chances of that happening are probably close to zero. :)

Sooo much this, a Dark Heresy RPG by Obsdian could be so, so awesome.

Or maybe they could do some kind of modern day, maybe 20-min into the future spy action RPG...

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Or maybe they could do some kind of modern day, maybe 20-min into the future spy action RPG...

They could call it something like...  oh, I don't know...  maybe Omega Code?  :- 

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You mean something like...  <insert shifty eyes>  Alpha Protocol Plus?  8)

Edit: Sniped to the point...

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

To be fair, I do enjoy The Secret World (and its successor, Secret World Legends). I know nothing about Shadow Realms.

I guess for some variety of urban fantasy there's the Shadowrun games (Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall, and Hong Kong) although they're cyberpunk mixed with urban fantasy.

Is there anything else?

Yeah, Secret World missed the mark and Shadow Realms missed the mark so badly it was cancelled

The Secret World has a fantastic premise and the best writing I've ever seen in a MMO.  It's too bad it also has mind-numbingly boring gameplay.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Shadow Realms is/was a cancelled BioWare (Austin?) 4v1 co-op ARPG that had a pretty cool promo campaign. I checked out of that one when they announced it was going to be a 4v1 multiplayer game but I guess the actual game wasn't that good either.

https://www.unseen64.net/2015/03/16/shadow-realms-cancelled-pc/

Free games updated 3/4/21