The Weird, Random and Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

Thought it was the Bundys refusing to pay grazing fees and then the gov't overreacting

This was it. It's a little more complex than that because the land the cattle was grazing on was supposed to have been turned over to the state a long time ago. So there was a dispute to just who grazing fees even were owed to. Plus there was a Chinese owned power company that had an interest in leasing the land and some of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's family members were involved in brokering the deal. 

Like most stories this one had more layers than was obvious from the news. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

am gonna add one thing by noting how exclusion ain't so much protection o' innocence or future innocence.  rules 'which set guilty free when govt violates rules ain't so much 'bout protecting the innocent as is 'bout protecting rights of everybody, innocent or guilty.  is the kinda thing which should make gd happy 'cause makes rights more important than justice or even people.  we go to great the lengths in this country to protect intangible ideals from government interference, even to the point we is protecting wrongdoers, evildoers, from the State. 

HA! Good Fun!

Exactly correct. There are far too many examples of heavy handed abuse of the citizens by the US government. Frankly I am surprised this whole thing ended as peacefully as it did. It's hardly unheard of for Federal law enforcement is to shoot the suspects and all the witnesses. I

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Geekscape Podcast - Recruiting a new co-host, Casper van Dien

Casper talks about working on the Sci-Fi classic ‘Starship Troopers’ and working with directing geniuses like Tim Burton and Paul Verhoeven! We also talk a bit about his own directing work and how he approaches it as an actor! And of course I’ve got to mention Casper’s appearances in two of my favorites: ‘Beast Master III’ and ‘Wing Commander IV’! The man has a ton of awesome sci-fi stories so sit back and enjoy!

I did find a little amusement in the "Okay, so WIng Commander IV. I took a job just to get Mark Hamill's autograph." aspect.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I had no idea he was in 4.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra