The Weird, Random and Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

Huh, the panda was removed from the endangered list in 2016. Anyway, I would try panda meat, or any other bear.

Panda is probably tasty enough, but I've found most predators (what few I've tried) taste really bitter and the meat was a little less than tender.

Fortune favors the bald.

Has anyone tried to eat Panda? It's recently come to my attention that they make rather convenient livestock.

The most convenient sort of livestock would be insects if you're going down that road:

WOq99nI.png

Dig in yo!

X4LXUDJ.jpg

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

At which point cows will be on the endagered species list...

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

We'll be growing it in labs eventually, at which point large scale animal farming will be over anyway. It's a waste of resources when you can just grow a kobe beef without having to spend feed on the brains, organs and all that other 'support' stuff.

Fortune favors the bald.

Which will still leave those cows on the list though, just saying.

I wonder how energy efficient the current labgrown meat is?

Would be cool if they could grow new bodies for us eventually, that'd be neat. Doubt it'll ever happen though.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

But do use Solvent Green, that **** is amazing.

• Like 1

BBC - Pole Dancing is a Sport

That's because pole dancing - or pole, as the International Pole Sports Federation (IPSF) prefers - has been recognised by an international sporting body for the first time.
It has been given "observer status" by the Global Association of International Sports Federation (GAISF) - meaning it is provisionally recognised as a sport.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Clouds all weekend here :(

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Men are taking classes to "unlearn" toxic masculinity. https://www.thecut.com/2017/10/the-men-taking-classes-to-unlearn-toxic-masculinity.html

From what that class is teaching I could boil the whole 10 week course down to one lesson: don't be an ****. That will be $1200 please. 

Edited by Amentep
circumventing the language filter
  • Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/24/559604836/majority-of-white-americans-think-theyre-discriminated-against

For some reason I got the image of a flare being thrown into an oil tanker.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra